Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
So, Mike, you've sold the KDX, it seems. What will be the next new bike in your garage. Will it be the Gas Gas that you've already lusted after? Will you go the way of Fred T and get a pumpkin. Is Fredette building you a new hybrid? Will you have a new bike for DW02? Will you ever clean out your PM box?

I 've got questions and I want answers!!! :)

Last edited:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Ohhhhhhhh! I didn't know that! :o Whats it gonna be Mike?

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Well?

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
OK OK OK ... Since you guys are calling me out .... ITS ALL FRED T'S FAULT !!!! :p

I fell out of the cabbage patch right into the pumpkin patch. I REALLY wanted a GAS GAS 300 but reasale and crank bearing problems on the bikes scared me off. Then a fellow club member had a new 450 4 stroker coming in and needed to sell his 250 EXC. SO to make a long story short I picked up his 2001 KTM 250 EXC. Thats right AN ORANGE BIKE. It is in good shape with a few extra's and was priced pretty well.

The KDX sold much quicker than I expected it too and will be living out its golden years in sunny Arizona playing golf and bingo every Tuesday.

SO Fred you can see this is ALL your fault. I really dont know what I am getting into. The KDX has been a ROCK of reliablity and maybe I am buyingf into a whole new set of problems ... Time will tell. I am sure I will be calling on you for advice on setting the KTM up.

Timr ... my PM box is EMPTY.. I dont know why it says its full. Hope you dont mind riding around with a couple Pumpkinheads at DW02. If it makes you feel better I am bringing a KDX'er with me for you to hang out with.

Dont worry I will still be around here checking on you boys so ya'll behave.

Last edited:

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
Jason ... Has nice ring to it huh ? So Dave you get a KTM and take it apart 40 or 50 tiomes and right up some articles and we'll put together a page. Whaddyall think ...

There are a lot of KTM parts sites out there but not a lot of usable info like JustKDX. That is the main reason JustKDX came about.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
So who's going to be the webmaster of justkdx??? Will all of the articles start out: "Back when I used to ride a KDX...

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
Dang that would make me sound real dang old... Well back in my day .. LOL

I will still be doing the KDX site with Dave. I will just have to go borrow my friends KDX to take pictures. Not a big deal. I have several articles working now.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
hey I've alway's thought green and orange went together nicely! there's a bunch of folks on the fence with all these really great orange bikes coming out.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Congrats Mike. I suggest you go through all the bolts and tighten them down ASAP. Then get ready for some fun and respect the right hand grip.

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
Marlin ... Green bike and Orange gear worked for a lot of wins for Ricky Carmicheal .. maybe Green gear and an orange bike will work for a slow old spode like me.

Fred T .. I really havent had time to go thru it like I want to yet, Blue loctite here we come. I allready have a deep respect for the right hand grip on the KTM just from the test rides. I really am worried this may be TOO Much for me. I have allready ordered the DDK and CEK needles to take out some of the "mid range hit". I am sure I will be calling on ya from time to time.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
You lucky dog, Sudco was otta CEK's so I just got a DDK, which I have not tried yet. I kinda liked it stock so far and wanna get more used to it before changing the jetting.

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
Another person infected with that "newbike-itus" desease. One of my riding partners had one and REALLY liked it but succumbed to the "Orange fever" and now is on a 450 EXC.

Good luck with that new ride Sage. Dont be a stranger now ya hear.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom