mileage

C

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

What kind of mileage do you guys get on a kdx 220? Mine seems to be really really bad. Also, do any of you race motocross with this bike? It seems like it would probably handle it okay, but I thought i should check first!!!

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
It is my understanding that registered users can use the search function. I suggest you try it, as the first question has been posted many times already.

My 'mileage' has varied from 26 to 80. It depends.

As far as the second question, try the search function on that, too.

Some riders do...some don't. Basically, if you want a track bike, buy one (the kdx isn't a track bike). It will 'handle' ok...meaning the wheels won't fall off or anything.

But then, I don't have a 220, so I'm not qualified to answer your question, 'eh? ;)

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I'm not sure about the mileage a 220 gets ether.  I own one(recent purchase) and have searched with different strings 4 or 5 times and not gotten what I was looking for.  So what IS the mileage for a 220? I'm guessing 25 - 30 MPG.

Kevin

marksharp

~SPONSOR~
Sep 29, 2002
I ride with a group that all ride 220's or 200's. In woods riding, varied conditions we can all go about 50 miles on a tank without much worry of pushing it back to the truck. Faster two track would of course improve that mileage. They tend to be a little thirsty.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Wow that is only 17 mpg ! But you did say without worry of pushing, but I did hope for more. Oh well, mine will soon get less as I'm going to bore the carb.

Kevin

Tempest

May 12, 2003
I put in 57 miles on my last ride on a 2003 KDX220. 1.6 gallons filled it back up. Tight single track at 7000 feet in Idaho. The bike is stock so far. The needle is slid down one notch from stock.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I like 35 1/2 a lot better! I still have not taken a long ride yet  :|  I thought that I was going to two weeks ago, but Amys bike broke and we only got about 40 miles in !!!!!

Any other takers on mileage?

Kevin

woods_rider1

Sep 27, 2001
when I owned my 200 I rode a lot of 40 - 60 milers, and in 8 years of owning the bike, never once had to switch to reserve!

McRider

Jan 25, 2000
I've got about 4,000 miles on my 99 220, and can be very confident to get 60 miles in any kind of conditions before going on reserve.

know_fear

May 19, 2000
My '00 220 has the RB carb mod. and the FMF rev. pipe. We did a 100 Km ride on a mix of logging roads and single track with a lot of full throttle. I had to go on reserve way before getting back. The tank was almost dry but by then I was totally bagged as well!

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
This is better! 60-70 miles will do for trail rides!

Kevin

C

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

Thanks for your help everybody, I really appreciate it. The mileage on my old 93 fourstroke XR was sooo much better, but I guess it is worth it because my KDX really rips!!!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…