John_16v

Mar 28, 2004
Hi everyone, My YZ250 (2001) was misfiring and producing no power when I was last using it. Pulled throttle half open and lots of missing and occassionally power came in small blasts. Got ne plug next day but wont start at all now.

Any thoughts?

Bizerk

Feb 28, 2004
I agree with sillygoose. Also might be dirt in carb-jets etc. pull the carb off and take the jets out, get a can of carb cleaner and go to town. If that doe snot remedy the problem then start looking at the electronics.

John_16v

Mar 28, 2004
Misfiring

Cheers for replying guys, bought a Yamaha Owners Service manual so I thinks its time I had a look and tackled the carb myself. Is it a hard job or not?
Cheers again

sillygoose27

Oct 13, 2002
on my kdx it was simple, although i had a hell of a time getting my pilot jet out. Its all really easy, just read over your manual a few times so you know what your looking at.

John_16v

Mar 28, 2004
Misfirin and not starting

Hi there, cheers for the advice so far. Sat down a few days ago and stripped the carb wi a mechanic mate of mine. Cleaned out and changed the plug. Bike started for a min but after that it wouldn't. Bumped it and it just fired up for a few seconds but didnt sound healthy and cut out again.

Any ideas?

John_16v

Mar 28, 2004
Starting probs

Was muckig about wi the bike for a while today and just before I had to go to work I got it started for a few mins. My mate then noticed that when sitting on the bike and at the bottom of my left leg, just above where my foot sits there are a couple of wires broken out and sparking poss touching the frame. Could this be the problem?

j_freak

Feb 7, 2004
That could definately be the problem.

If fixing those wires doesn't solve it, try putting new gas in it. I had a problem with my old P.O.S. Honda where it ran fine for a day, then the next day started running horrible, no power, sounded wierd, etc. Turns out that the gas I put into it had water in it. There was about a teaspoon of water in the bottom of the carb that was blocking the jets.

Top Bottom