Mixing oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastnine

May 23, 2003
Hey guys i have a 99 yz250 and i have been running 32to1 on my oil mix i run motul 800 and i was at the track here and some guys were saying that 32to1 was kinda strong and that with 100% sinthetic oils i can run 40to1 .....becuse the oil is alot slicker ...i dont care ill mix whatever if i can run 40to1 great less plug problems please advise ..thanks chris

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
One of the main keys to your bike is having the jetting set up - are you currently fowling plugs? If so you are running rich(two smokes don't fowl plugs if jetted correctly) the bike needs to be jetted properly. I run Motul and mix it 50:1. Keep in mind though - every bike in it's enviroment(primarily altitude) will equire something different. It's safe to say though running 40:1 is ok.
This is just a very basic framework though, but will atleast get you by.

Fastnine

May 23, 2003
thanks for the reply the deal with this bike is it has a bunch of work done to the motor it was done before i got the bike ..boyesen reeds and ..boyesen reed valve ...porting jeting ..etc...the bike runs like a champ starts from cold on 2 kicks but like any 2stroke it likes to run hard ...if you get it out on the trac and lug it around it will foul out but run her hard stay on the pipe runs fine ...im thinking this is just a 2 stroke thing i was a 4 stroke man for along time .....the deal with the oil was a guy told me i had alot of wet oil from the pipe and he was saying i could lean the oil a bit runing full sinthetic.. im new to 2 strokes so im unsure and dont want to risk a motor on the fact of not enough oil .....they were saying the days of 32to1 are over and thats only if you run regular oil ........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…