Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Not posting stupid crap we have to delete like you've been doing all day would be an excellent place to start. ;)

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Look around at the moderators here.. They're not a bunch of wet behind the ears kids, who have never been to a track before.

Then look at the people who aren't moderators, who have been around here for years. These people are also not wet behind the ears kids who have never been to a track.

Pretty quickly you'll discover that there are decades of experience in the motorcycle industry here. And that Rich doesn't have to be sarcastic or a jerk, but it's just so much fun.

Lighten up, read more than you write and you'll fit in fine.

Otherwise, there are a lot of other dirtbike forums that will be more than willing to let you become a moderator after 9 posts.

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
learning curve

It sounds like R- Moto10 would make good fodder for piloting a top fuel hydroplane.
It only takes 5 seconds to learn how to go 270 M.P.H. Is it safe?
NO :yikes: :bang: :cool:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
robertmoto10 said:
how do you become one
How about a statement of qualifications and a paragraph as to why you think you would be a good mod?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Come on now, chop chop! Let's get with the program! Popping in every so often isn't acceptable you need to be on the beat checking doors like the rest of us.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Paging Robertmoto, Robertmoto you have a thread waiting in the General/Off Topic forum......

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
We try to delete the spam and general stupidity. We move posts to the correct areas so that they can be discussed by folks with that specific interest or knowledge set. We gang up on the unruley inmates.

You get asked after showing you are somebody that fits the mold.

May 10, 2007
Just curious, have you guys ever had a "trash can" in which you put all the crappy threads that don't deserve/need to be here?

Or do you go with "they don't need to be here at all" mindset?

I am going with the latter.

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
Patman said:
Come on now, chop chop! Let's get with the program! Popping in every so often isn't acceptable you need to be on the beat checking doors like the rest of us.
OK, I'll throttle back a bit...At first I wasn't going to say a thing. But then the more cynical side of me leaked out, I couldn't help it. No offense,
Robertmoto10, I was 16 once too pal. Ride like the wind & Jump far pal.
( remember this, progress steadily & carefully, all things are possible if you adhere to the right order of progression.) good luck, Porkchop :cool:

fatcat216v2

Aug 29, 2009
Okay- you guys know I can't stay away from kid advice threads. How long did you think I would last??

Porkchop said:
all things are possible. :cool:

I think this is the worst advise I ever got as a kid.

If we are going to wax philosophical- how about the truth.

Work hard. Listen & watch more than you speak. Don't think you know everything. Ask questions humbly and receive answers humbly, but with an ounce of skepticism. Think for yourself, but be polite about it.

Keep your head down. Don't expect the world owes you anything. Be pleasantly surprised when things work out the way you want. Have gratitude. Have good morals. If someone tells you something can't be done, but you believe it can or at least want to convince your ownself, don't waste your time trying to convince those who said it can't. Start researching "how" it can be done and have at it with gusto. Work smart.

Work hard. It is worth repeating.

I think you can apply that to dirtbikes as well as anything else.

Oh, and above all else...have a sense of humor. A big one hearty laugh kind of one. It helps when you discover that no...not everything is possible for everyone. Life takes extreme patience at times.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
flyingfuzzball said:
Just curious, have you guys ever had a "trash can" in which you put all the crappy threads that don't deserve/need to be here?

Or do you go with "they don't need to be here at all" mindset?

I am going with the latter.
Why waste the space and bandwidth for garbage? There are plenty of other similar sites with much lower standards. There is a place for everybody and everything but it's not DRN.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
fatcat216v2 said:
Okay- you guys know I can't stay away from kid advice threads. How long did you think I would last??

I think this is the worst advise I ever got as a kid.

If we are going to wax philosophical- how about the truth.

Work hard. Listen & watch more than you speak. Don't think you know everything. Ask questions humbly and receive answers humbly, but with an ounce of skepticism. Think for yourself, but be polite about it.

Keep your head down. Don't expect the world owes you anything. Be pleasantly surprised when things work out the way you want. Have gratitude. Have good morals. If someone tells you something can't be done, but you believe it can or at least want to convince your ownself, don't waste your time trying to convince those who said it can't. Start researching "how" it can be done and have at it with gusto. Work smart.

Work hard. It is worth repeating.

I think you can apply that to dirtbikes as well as anything else.

Oh, and above all else...have a sense of humor. A big one hearty laugh kind of one. It helps when you discover that no...not everything is possible for everyone. Life takes extreme patience at times.
Damn good advice!!! :cool: :cool:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I don't have a sense of humor. And I still haven't written my paragraph. I haven't gotten my cape yet either.

But I fight bears. I guess they needed that skill in the moderator corps.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
RM_guy said:
Damn good advice!!! :cool: :cool:
+1

pred said:
I don't have a sense of humor. And I still haven't written my paragraph. I haven't gotten my cape yet either.

But I fight bears. I guess they needed that skill in the moderator corps.

I think Okie was just too scared to say no....

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Actually it was a quota thing.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
XRpredator said:
and maybe my mustache growing skills.

Really? I can have a good mustache going in a matter of hours..

If I knew that's all it took, I would have documented it and sent it in a long time ago.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom