Modify KDX 220

pmickelson

May 11, 2003
Is it feasable to modify a new KDX, either 200 or 220, for on/off road use? I would like to use one of these bikes on local streets, to go from one riding area to another. Is this a good idea or not? I think the performance/weight is much better than current enduro offerings. ie, DRZ's, KLR's. However, everytime I take it on the road I do not want to be bothered by the local police. Please let me know if my idea is sound or flawed? If it is a good idea, what things do I need to make it legal? I live in Wisconsin.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I live in WI also and have had no luck trying to register here. The DMV wants the VIN number to say that it is a street model.... or that you have receipts for the major components and that you put it to gather your self ( wink, wink ). I am going to register my 220 in Vermont, it may be iffy but it IS a registration and WI won’t register it so I don’t feel bad about it. I’m only connecting trails any way, knobies cost too much to run on the street!

Kevin

kx200

Feb 1, 2001
I have a 1997 220 it’s a lot of fun on the street first thing you need to do is gear it up at least one tooth on the front the other thing it’s a hassle mixing the oil & gas. Street riding you will get over 90 miles on a tank. One thing that will get you busted really fast is not having your license plate under your tail\stop light

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…