klx650r

Jan 3, 2002
Hi, I recently bought a 1995 klx650r, I haven't gotten to ride it much yet as the frame is cracked in a couple places and I want to get it welded. I've read lots of mods for the klx300's such as pumper carbs, putting a larger breather hose to the motor, cutting the screen off the airfilter box and loosing the lid etc, are these all mods that are good for the 650 too? Also what pipe or slip on exhaust would help it the most hp and sound wise? I will be riding woods mainly with it, and have already geared it down to 12/51 from 14/49 which improved the torque alot. This big thumper seems to be a white elephant and I'm having trouble finding out much info on it, I am more used to my two strokes Thanks for any help...

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
I put a DelOrto pumper carb and big K+N on mine. In addition, I cut the stock silencer apart and installed a straight through perforated core silencer (aka glass pack) of 1 3/4 inch ID at the aft end of the silencer. That seems crude, however the stock silencer has well placed sound absorbing material in the first parrt of the muffler and the addition of a straight through makes for a nice sounding package with no restriction.

The bike really picked up some power and response.

Chris

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom