Monday Ride -- Veterans' Day in SoCal

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
I just realized that Monday is Veterans' Day. As I posted on the General Forum, a ride is in order -- indeed required.

Can any SoCal'ers get Monday off at this late notice and do a little dirt riding?

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Yes, and yes. Or Stoddard Wells maybe? I drove by that on the way to Vegas and it looked like some great riding.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Monday is a possibility, I'd like to try the Corona, early morning start time, ride, maybe. Phelon is fine too, I can try and show the old guys around. God help them! and me

Elk

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Elk -- Fred -- Phelan Monday would be ideal. As long as we don't have to do one of those out-the-door-by 5am's on a day when us veterans need our sleep . . .

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
If we can meet there around 8, that would be great. Let me know, I'll plan for it!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Maybe we can get MXDad out with us on his new tractor!

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
With a little of that "give and take" thang I think I'll be joining you fellas on Monday. 8am would be great. How long do you think you guys would want to stay?

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Monday 8 is great. How about a ride til' 12 or 1? I'd like some time for a junior loop with my son afterwards. Either of you have kids?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Monday is on. I'm not sure if my kid is coming monday yet or not. If so, he's 16 with a yz125, if not, doesn't matter how old he is! There is plenty of time for any loop we want. I'll probably leave around 1ish also. Does anyone need directions? We could actually meet at the mickydees on the 138 cutoff from the 15. Meet on the east side of the freeway at around 7:30 or so.

Ktmboy, eel, thumbs, captn jack, bundy...etc anyone else up for it?

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
To you Vet's out there........... Thanks

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
If you can't make it to the meeting point then we are riding at the usual spot, the end of Wilson Ranch Road south of Phelon road (approx. 1 1/2 miles). It's best if you get there from the 138 and take Sheep Creek road north to Phelon road, then go East for a few miles and Wilson Ranch Road is a right turn, near the school bus depot and the big power lines over the road. cya there at the riding area around 8

elk

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I would love to honor the vets with my presence, however, my new employer would not be pleased! Will someone please crash on one of the downhills in my place?

MXDad

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 25, 2000
Monday -

Hey all - we are planning to ride Monday, but I'm taking all my boys so we're planning on Elsinore again. They're going to have all the tracks open, Vet, GFI, Main, 50 and 80. If anyone wants to track ride look us up. We will probably start around 9.

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
DagNubit, MXDad -- if you're bringin' the boys, how about a try at a desert offroad ride. I know personally you've feared it, but with the boys to protect you you know it'll be just a fun outdoors day. Besides, it's Veterans' Day -- you've Got to compromise!

MXDad

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 25, 2000
Way too early for me to get that crew all the way up to Phelan! :scream: Plus I already committed to other riders to do Elsinore. I don't fear the desert, I fear Terry's backyard and the Tutu!

Have fun and be safe!

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Well shoot -- simultaneously Dad doesn't take the bait and I get word of news that trumps my moral compulsion to avoid work on Veterans' Day. Elk, Fred, I'm truly sorry to say that I MUST be at work Monday morning. I'm sure you understand that this hurts me much worse than it hurts you. Dad -- if I can get out Monday pm I'll take Connor to the track.

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
Elk? You still in? I'd like to meet you at the McD's you were talking about at the proposed 7:30am. I have new rubber on the KDX and it's aching to tear something up. Hopefully dirt/sand and not me :D

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
For you guys that have Monday off, I've got to second Jeffs' first post :
:( you guys suck:(
I just mounted fresh rubber on the rear yesterday myself. I may go out this PM and break it in-we'll see! Oh well. you guys have a good, safe ride!;)

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
Elk,

Just checked the weather for tomorrow. Looks like we should be in for some fun. Supposed to be showers. :p I'll make sure to bring my waders.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Hey Fred, actually I think my kid wants to go to Elsinore this time. How about a change of venue? We will be there around 8ish and can meet up with Dad there too. It would just be us 3 up there in Phelon and that would be a long haul for you this time. If that's OK, we are going to Elsinore for the day. Hopr you can make it there too.

Dad, you guys still going. I'd like to see that red tractor run around the track!

We'll grab a spot at the 80 track so everyone can meet there. See you there

Elk

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
Well I had my heart set on the desert riding at Phelan. I might go to the track if I can't talk anyone else into Phelan. Of course I would like to see everyone so the track might just be the ticket????

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Hey, how's the weather down below Elk? Phelan got rain last night, but here it's overcast, but no moisture.
The wife and family are off tomorrow, and have a funeral to attend, which I can't make because I'm only three weeks into a new job. I may try to bust out of work early tomorrow and sneak out for a couple of hours, especially if we get more rain.:D

MXDad

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 25, 2000
We're still in, should be there around 9. We'll look for you, Elk.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…