Montesa, Cota 247

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
I have a 1976 Montesa Cota 247. Is that a classic? Right now it doesn’t run
but I am working on fixing it! I would really love to see that old bike run again. I am still looking for parts so if anyone knows where to get old Montesa parts let me know! I need new points, flywheel puller, rear shocks and a carburetor. Has anyone ever ridden one of these bikes?

Lee Wilson

------------------
Crashing Sucks!

GHam847345

Dec 5, 1999
Wasn't the Cota a trials bike?Up here in AMA District 14 they have a trials only webpage with lots of various links.Perhaps your district has the same.Just another possible avenue to try.Sorry I couldn't be more help.

------------------
Member UAW Local 961 Thanks for buying Dodge Trucks

yz458

Jan 8, 2001
LOCAL COLLECTOR FRIEND OF MINE HAS THE 25/49/123/247 LINE UP ALL MINT.NICE TO LOOK AT.HE JUST GOT THE 247 LAST YEAR TO COMPLETE THE LINE UP.NO SPARE PARTS THOUGH.

demographic

Jan 21, 2002
I have recently ended up with a couple of Montessa Cota 247 trials bikes (and a watercooled Maico 250 :) and will be looking for a source of parts for em, anyone know where is good and what parts are hard to find?
The montessas are both in bits so need quite a lot of work done before the bikes will be rideable

Last edited:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
It's a classic as far as most of us old guys are concerned. ;)

demographic

Jan 21, 2002

I have been looking for some of these parts myself and as far as I have heard out theres a double ended flywheel puller mad by either Buzzetti or Motion Pro (not sure which) that has a 27 by 1.25 threaded end and another 26 by 1.50 threaded end.
I know this will do many Motoplatt flywheels ans with a bit of luck might even work on my Maico ;)

Carbs can be bought from this place http://www.jhmotorcycles.co.uk/car.htm and the one on mine looks like an Amal 27 mil concentric, errr I think anyway.
The one on Mines an Amal with a 27 mil bore and looks like the pictures I have seen of them.

I have just heard of somebody else who has yet another rolling chassis so I might just fork out the 40 quid he wants for it ;)

Not ridden mine yet cos it's still in many bits but am looking forward to it

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…