moose handguards

Dec 13, 2009
im thinking about ordering a pair of moose aluminum handguards off the internet for ice racing. would these be prone to crumple??? good protection?? help??? i dont want to end up in the hospital having reconstustive surgery!

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
The standard moose aluminum handguards are fine never had problem with them. Now the moose contours handguards is a different story, the guard part is fine but the inside mount with all the sexy holes in it will break at nothing. Pro moto billet/ Fastway makes some very strong handguards.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I've hit some major trees with mine and they hold up fine.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
For woods riding, I've been very pleased with Cycra Pro-Bends, with the triple clamp mount kit. Mounting the inside to the triple clamp instead of the bars will keep the handguard from rotating in a bad crash.

One of the things I like about the Pro-Bends is if you go over the bars, you are less likely to catch a wrist on the top of the plastic guard. I've known a guy to break his wrist that way. OTOH, having the guard down lower might not give you as much wind protection on the ice.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…