More sad news

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Found on another board:

Jacob Nicholson from SC, a rider in the 65cc class, was fatally injured on Sunday while attending David Bailey's MX School in Virginia.

Anyone interested in where to send flowers or a memorial to the family please send an email to: 2xtrememx@nc.rr.com

It is my understanding that they were practicing a section of jumps and then going back to the beginning of the section by cutting through the infield. One rider went backwards on the track thinking no one was coming and another rider was coming the other way over a blind jump.
:( :(

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
:( :|

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
:| Very sad. Godspeed Jacob.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Just terrible. :(

My thought go out to the families of the kid and also to the instructor. You gotta think that an accident like this messes with the instructors mind as he takes some responsibilty for those kids while he is training them.

va_yzrider

Apr 28, 2003
Very sad. My sincere regards to the family(s) involved.

Remember parents, you MUST stress to your kids that they should never go backwards on the track (every time you go to the track). I've turned too many kids around on tracks to count on both hands. It always gives me a scary feeling.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…