Motocross Madness 2

crrider

Apr 21, 2001
Anyone out there who plays this? I have downloaded some of the tracks and the ghost races. Does anyone out there know how to make the bikes faster? I am getting smoked by the ghost riders I have downloaded and I know that the standard motorcycles can't go that fast.

FJP467

Nov 26, 2000
CR Rider, the standard bikes will go as fast, but it takes practice, practice, practice. It is an awesome game, but it takes a while to master and to learn all of the fast lines. The most frustrating part is knowing the lines, but not being able to hit them lap after lap. Keep practicing and good luck.

Murf

Dec 31, 2000
Are there any suspension settings to use to get the bikes to jump better. I have been in races, and pass a wrecked rider coming up to a jump. I can't quite make the jump, and the wrecked rider gets up, hits the jump and clears it, leaving me to eat his roost. Very irritating.

Showtime_144

May 21, 2001
MCM 2

To get the bikes to jump better just tap the up button
on your controll pad and you will be able to clear just
about anything going any speed. But this takes a lot
of practise and the standard bikes are very fast.
If your ever on the zone look out for me, my zone
name is sx_144.:cool:

crrider

Apr 21, 2001
My nephew was able to run a 1:13, but the ghost I have downloaded is running a 1:02.

slickpuss

Sponsoring Member
Jan 19, 2002
It makes a big difference if you have a good analog controller. And after a lot of practice you can clear most jumps that are on there by pulling back on the face of the jump and then quickly leaning foward at the lip. And by pitching the bike flat you can sail farther sometimes.

Battered Sav

~SPONSOR~
Nov 16, 2000
Been ridin Ozmosis lately, nice track, also anything by Dave U is usually good.
Zone names mx-pete.
Gotta agree with slick, I use a ms sidewinder, pulling back helps accelerating, pushing forward helps it turn, pull back on the approach and up face, just as you leave the jump you push the control forward quickly and the rider kind of pushes forward, increasing distance. With the control, like slick said, you can then lay it flat and it seems to sail a bit further then.
Dave U's track "Bottom out" ( I think ) requires you to jump huge distances to time the whole track right, riding that forced me to work out how to jump further.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
Slingshot is a great track.

When you get good at it, you can clear everything on a 125, even quad into the rhythm section after the big gap jump.

I've tried gamepads (I have the Microsoft Freestyle Pro) and I prefer the good old keyboard.

Other great tracks are Funky Flier SE, and AMA Budds Creek.

CR-For-Ever

Feb 25, 2002
My Best is a 108 Slingshot 125 I have masterd 125 on this game i am XF_Chillin_Dude on the zone look for are site at www.teamxf.com MCM2 is a bad ass game really awesome and to clear jumps you have to preload i have fun on MCM2 just messin around with the power curves making my bike all Bottem end and junk its fun

crrider

Apr 21, 2001
The ghost rider I have is from the motocrossmadness2.com Website. The person who created the ghost file was able to complete the track in a little more than a minute. I don't see how it is possible. The bike in the ghost race just rockets out of the corners and can jump twice as high. I have tried every file in the motocross madness 2 directory to see if there is a way to increase the horsepower, but I can't find anything.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I haven't played the game in awhile but my best lap time ever was on a 250 on track #4 for SX I got a 53 second lap time racing some peeps on the zone! No I wasn't using a cheater bike either! my nick on there is MXP1MP_ with my real number I run on my real bike #439. But I doubt you'll catch me on there I haven't played the game in like months now.

MCM3 I heard is going to come out on the XBOX. but no hardcore details on that yet sorry.

The game is very tough cause you have to learn the lines to get around the track some sections have more then just one line, but usually one is almost always the fastest. The best technique for big jumps is the prejump (tap up up on the face of a jump) then correct with the brake to big down the front end and land on the back side. Using this technique on one of the sx tracks allows you to jumps the whole section in two jumps! basically you quad then quad very tough can not be done on 125's! You practically jump the whole length of the track! oh yea and if you do it right on track #10 SX you can jump over the finish line post structure and land it and keep going! its really tough to do on a 125 but I've done it. Ya I played this game alot when it came out hehe :)

J_dem_Bones

Jun 23, 2001
The key is to pre-load before big jumps, but you want to stay as low as possible. Doing this is finding a low spot on the lip of a jump. It will keep you lower.
I have created 5 tracks and alot of bike and gear skins for the game too.

If you are ever in the zone, send me a message. My zone name is PMA_J_Bone.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
I hate when you wreck at the same time as the computer, yet they always seem to be gone berfore you even start:think

CR125_tom

Apr 20, 2001
Try a force feedback joystick

I don't know what controls most you use to play the game, but for me a good force-feedback joystick has made MCM2 much more exciting, and has made me faster. Although it's not comparable to real riding, it's nice to feel the bike react to your inputs. I don't play the game without it.

Buzz Bomb

May 9, 2000
I've downloaded a bunch of skins and levels, but I can't get them to show up on the game. What do I have to do?

Last edited:

Battered Sav

~SPONSOR~
Nov 16, 2000
Hi Buzz,
In the folder where the game is installed, you will see other folders marked ( I think ) teraform, thats for the tracks, unzip the track files to this location, to the appropriate file: national = national, sx = sx, etc.
Riders have their own folder, so do bikes.
If you open the zip file first, some of them have install instructions and I think there's a vague instuction on the page you download from.
Good luck.

Last edited:

Buzz Bomb

May 9, 2000
The reason some people get insane lap times is because of hacked bikes. Somehow they can fiddle with the HP editor and get it to allow more points so the bikes have tons of power. Last night I raced a guy with a 125 that had twice as much power as my CRF450! Anyone know where to get this hacks?

dell30rb1

Uhhh...
Jan 14, 2002
I know that theyre out there, but seem no fun. Download ronron's backyard 2002 at www.ronronmx.com stephane roncada plays this game and made that track himself. its great. i'll post my lap times with a 125 here in a minute...

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…