Can Can Kev

Feb 24, 2003
my 2000 yz 125 is sucking coolant i know this because before my last race i filled it up till ti was over flowing with coolant and now its down say 2 inches i after riding up and down the street i noticed some water o nthe sprak plug i know its probably the head gasket but what else could it be, water pump seals? how can u tell which one it is?
thanks in advance

Skullb

Jan 20, 2005
a friend of mine got the same problem as above, he was out on the bike sunday then oit stopped running and after a little look at the spark plug the head had water in it.

Should i advise him to just get a top end gasket set and see if it sorts it out? or is it not that simple a problem to sort out?

help appreciated

dirtbikr99

Nov 21, 2002
yo before u take the head off dude, just drain your motor oil to see if it is contaminated by the water...it will look milky almost, then you kno its the water pump seal. also how long before your last top end?....also u should lap your cylender if u do take it off to get the head and cylender perfectly smooth to prevent a leak....sometime i use a gasket sealing spray (not the kind from the tube), good luck

Top Bottom