Oct 16, 2008
This is my first time here but i need help with my dirt bike.

It's a 2007 Honda CR230F. I blew the motor in it somehow. How easy is it to the 4 stroke out and put in a 250 2 stroke motor?

And...does anyone know where they sell complete motors for the bike. The warranty ran out on it and the people i bought it from wants to charge me out the roof to fix it.

jesse_54

Apr 1, 2008
Your cheapest option is to get out the manual and change your piston/rings. If you don't know how to do your own work take it into a bike shop or dealer. As far as the motor swap is concerned, I highly doubt the 250 2t engine would mount without a TON of custom fabrication.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
liftedtrucks4me said:
This is my first time here but i need help with my dirt bike.

It's a 2007 Honda CR230F. I blew the motor in it somehow. How easy is it to the 4 stroke out and put in a 250 2 stroke motor?

And...does anyone know where they sell complete motors for the bike. The warranty ran out on it and the people i bought it from wants to charge me out the roof to fix it.

It would be very difficult to put a 250 2 stroke motor in it. But with the proper welding and fabrication skills, it could be done.

But, and this is the most important part, it would not be smart to do it. That frame and suspension was not designed for the power of a 250 2 stroke.

It would be cheaper in the long run to fix what you have.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Why would you want to do this in the first place? Do you think 2 strokes never "blow up"? You bought a nice trail bike if you are now wishing you had a more serious bike you should either repair your bike or not and sell it then get something more in line with what you now need.

Oct 16, 2008
I have no idea how i did it but it blows smoke and burns oil. I have not takin the motor apart but the dealership said it sounds like a blown something from just telling them what is happening with it.

Has anyone heard of a 230 to 250 conversion kit for 4 strokes?

i eventually want to start racing with it.

J-man

May 16, 2007
Replace you piston and the rings. as far as racing it goes the suspension and the weight of the 230's is just not good for racing.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom