MTRA showme 200

LONNIE

Mar 10, 2003
Has anyone here been to this. Any details? Tips? Packing Tips? Prep Tips? Anything?

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
I've ridden it many times and will be again this year.

First of all, you are pre-entered I hope. If not, don't bother to go as the event was filled months ago.

Assuming you did pre-enter, the confirmation you received in the mail gives most of the details but I'll try to add a few things.

Make sure your bike is ready to go before you get there. You will ride about 100 miles each day.

You don't need new tires because you are on rock most of the time but make sure you run fairly high air pressure (15 lbs) to avoid getting a flat.

Bring 2 bottles of 2-stroke oil. The club will provide the gas and get your oil to the gas stops.

The club will haul your personal items (street clothes, cot, and sleeping bag, etc.) from Lesterville to Viburnum and then back on Sunday. Pack as light as you can, as space is limited on the chase trucks. I usually pack some clean extra riding clothes also. It’s not much fun putting on wet, muddy clothes on Sunday morning. Bring money for the BS session on Saturday night.

Be prepared to:

1. Have fun!
2. Be very tired. This is not your typical dual-sport ride. It’s more of an enduro type of event.

Hope this helps. If you have more questions feel free to ask.

Last edited:

LONNIE

Mar 10, 2003
I am pre-registered. I hope to see ya there. Thanks for the info

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
Maybe we can meet up.

I'm not exactly sure what we are driving down there. It will probably be a new Chevy pickup extended cab. Kind of a silvery brown color if I remember right. For sure we will have a white 6X10 inclosed Haulmark trailer with 3 KTM's in it. Of course, you wont see the bikes until we unload them. :)

We are staying at the motel in Lesterville Friday night but will probably drop the trailer at the campground due to the lack of parking at the motel.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…