Muenster Weekend

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Me (and the three stooges) and some new dirt riders from Austin are going to camp out at Muenster, (weather dependant of course) on the weekend of January 10th, 11th and 12th. Come one, come all for the night time satellite gazing.......this time we're bringing the 5" Meade Telescope. Stan interested in "cool-things-to-do-with-dry-ice" lesson number 2? :P

Last edited:

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Hmmmm. Lesson number 2. Interesting. Very interesting. Sure, we'd like to come. I'll have to talk to my dad, but we may make it. Maybe Tony and the rest of the Tejas gang could make it, too. :)

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
1-9 is a Thursday... are you guys starting the weekend a little early? I might like to come, and if I do my 8" Meade LX90 will come with me!

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I might be able to make it for a day or two. Enduro Nut can usually ride on Thursdays, and there is a small group of other guys who often ride Thursday with us.

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Originally posted by OldMaiconut
1-9 is a Thursday... are you guys starting the weekend a little early? I might like to come, and if I do my 8" Meade LX90 will come with me!

Whoops sorry. I made the correct changes. ;)

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Where are you guys going to park, and what kind of rigs? I'll be in a large, white conversion van towing an open trailer, orange KTM 400, black and silver KTM 200.

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Provided the weather holds up (they say it's supposed to get incredibly cold thus far) we'll be down to right once you get in. All the way down by the sand dunes. We'll be in a white pop-up. My bike is numbered 796 and will be with a blue YZ250 #75. Stan knows where we camp.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
True, I know where you guys park, but our attendance at this point is sketchy. Will know more as the week progresses, but it snot looking good right now :(

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
OK....

We may be able to weasle our way out of conflicting activities on Sunday. I really hate to miss the Satellite watching, but we still wanna ride. Will anyone other than Yarbonwick and his stooges be staying through Sunday. As of right now, we're planning on arriving early that morning, and leaving fairly late that evening.

If the weather holds out of course....
Last ride in a terrential downpour wasn't much fun.

Anyone know what the weather is supposed to do?

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
So far it's still COMPLETELY up in the air if we go. The latest I've heard on the weather is low, VERY low and possibly snow. We should know by Thursday night what it's going to do. If it's goign to be too cold, then we're looking at two weeks from now.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I'm going regardless. I like riding when it's cold; give me a chance to wear my jacket once in a while. Hope to see some of you there. I'll park down by the sand pit as well.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
JMD, will you be there on Sunday, too?

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
No, Stan; I'm sorry, but I have to get out of there Saturday night (probably; sometimes I'm irresponsible, though, and I stay longer if I'm just having too much fun). I can't commit to Sunday, though.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Weather is looking better; highs in the mid-50s Saturday and Sunday. The water in the puddles will be cold, though; don't get passed in the whoops; you'll get drenched in an icy broth.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
So Lloyd, are you still going?

YZ250man

Jun 9, 2002
Hey...we're going.....in March ;)

I met alot of guys from here at Muenster and I hope to meet some more.....

Have fun and report back how the riding is there....last time I went there was in June of 2001.......nice open area (watch out for unruly 4 wheelers though...)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…