MX Bikes Bad For Honda???

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
uhhhh, thats retarded. no bikes under 250cc????? thats a hell of a bike for a beginner.

Sandjunky

Feb 3, 2004
I see Honda giving these analysts the bird and laughing all the way to the bank. This is funny. Good thing that Honda doesn't market skateboards.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I do believe Mr. Alex Taylor III has something against dirt bikes!!! What a dink :p

2strks4evr

Feb 5, 2007
it will probably happen too:(,its already happened with 4 wheelers.there are people sitting behind a desk somewhere that only see 1% of some activity,if they see or think its unsafe,they make laws that they think are making you and others safer.how and why these morons able to change peoples lives,i'll never know

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
I bet little Alex REALLLLLLLLY wanted a mini as a child but his overly protective, anal retentive parents wouldn't let him have one. Now, someone needs to strangle him!

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
Thats the stupidest thing I've read in a long time. :coocoo:
Yes, lets take a totally inexperienced 16 y/o and put him on a 250cc dirtbike. That'll lower the number of ER visits! :whoa:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
it's always amazing when people who have absolutely no knowledge about something in particular give their opinion on it. :coocoo:

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
Yep, that's just moronic. I find it interesting they only looked at off-road motorcycling and not the white hot street bike market. Austin is a smallish town and there's at least one nasty crash a week on the streets. All these people who've never ridden a motorcycle in their lives, then decide they need to get a V-twin when they hit their midlife crisis, are sure keeping the emergency crews busy here.

I can't say I'm surprised, since there's got to be more money in street bikes and accessories, plus they're viewed in a better light by the general public, even if they run straight pipes.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
I found it amusing that he was estimating helmet use by kids on dirt bikes, based on the number of adults in Connecticut that choose to not wear a helmet. It is sad to think about the thousands of uninformed people reading this crap and agreeing with it.

wanaride

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2003
How about bicycles? How about swing sets? How about BB guns? How about team sports injuries???

Everything has risks. You can end up in the ER simply by slipping when you walk down your front porch steps (been there, done that, ice sucks). It is not the motorcycle manufacturer's fault if a kid has stupid parents who let him or her ride with no helmet and no supervision.

Yeah, give a a 250cc bike to a hormonally charged 16 year old who has never ridden a dirtbike. Yeah, that will end well...

ZOOK250

Oct 5, 2001
I like this line "Besides, they would probably frown on efforts to imitate the motocross racers on TV by flying off of jumps and rounding corners with one foot skidding on the dirt."

i dont know, it makes me laugh

is it just me or is this P.C crap bringing down our society? what are they going to try and take away next in order to help us to be safe from ourselves? the next few generations are going to full of crybabies.......even worse than now.

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
the guy that is writing this is just looking at statistics, and most likely has never ridden a dirt bike. if the children actually immitated what they see on tv, they would see the riders wearing a helmet, goggles, boots, pants, a jersy and chest protectors.

the thing about 250cc bikes will definately cause more accidents than it prevents.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Ahh, now I know why there was a murder today at the CNN center here in Atlanta!

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Well, maybe not the CP.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Hey, my family actually rides like that commercial sometimes!

My 15 year old daughter can drive any car I'll let her, say my Mercury Marauder or Impala SS, etc., with her permit, but the XR 50, 70, 80, 100, TTR 125 & CRF 150F she's ridden should be banned completely, right? :bang: :yikes:

I emailed the link to Neal Boortz, syndicated radio talk show host. He rides a BMW street bike, occasionally goes off on loud Harleys, etc., and it's a slow news week. Who knows? I also sent him the "Ride Stealth" web address.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
well I wonder if a few thousand e mails to mr taylor would change his mind. He assuming alot in that little story. What is pretty amazing is the numbers he is quoting on sales. I knew it grew alot but didn't know it was that much........

and Yep I do know what is meant by statistics.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I think swimming pools are dangerous and should be outlawed. Thousands of accidents and drownings happen at family pools and without mandated life vests for swimmers this will be a continuing trend. Helmets should also be required for divers who dive into the shallow end. Goggles and ear plugs should also be required to prevent ear and eye infections. And let’s not for get the mandatory use of water tight diapers for everyone to prevent that occasional toxic dump of…well you know. Someone needs to do something about this very dangerous situation that is killing children!!!

Of course I should mention that my parents didn’t let me swim as a child :laugh: :nener:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
But having Mom and Dad along for the ride gets old after awhile, and parents aren't always available when Junior wants to saddle up. Besides, they would probably frown on efforts to imitate the motocross racers on TV by flying off of jumps and rounding corners with one foot skidding on the dirt.

interesting, this is exactly the kind of riding that i encouraged my kids to do.

funkypunk97

Aug 30, 2006

I think this part of the article says it all .....

I bet a lot more kids died playing regular old team sports on a more regular basis, and were in the ER a lot more for soccer and football injuries ten times as often .......

Why not just put all humans in bubbles until they are 21?

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
I want that five minutes of my life back.

That article is living proof that stupid people should not have access to publishing methods.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I just got back from taking my wife to the orthopedic doctor and he happen to be the same one that I should have just as well of had on retainer because we saw him so much with my son. Well it’s been a good 6-7 years since we had been there and he remembered who we were! He says “He had the motor bike, right?” and chuckled. We then started to talk about how many sports injuries he sees everyday. They FAR out number the dirt bike injuries.

Don’t get me wrong. This guy is the best and not judgmental at all. He even thanked me for putting his kids through college :) Even he thinks dirt bikes get a bum rap.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…