MX boot reviews?

Mr.Green

Mar 26, 2001
Does anyone know where I can find reviews on a good mx boots.Looking to spend around 220.00 - 260.00$ :ride:

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
I have Alpinestar tech 8's and they are GREAT, but they cost a little more than you want to spend at US$279

Phil

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
We just switched from Tech 8's to the Gaerne SG10's and love em! The boots felt great on the first ride (minimal break-in time), they fit great (I did have to get a size larger than what I wore in a Tech 8), are very comfortable, and I can take them off in about 6 seconds after a moto due to the sweet buckle system (I had to make Red undo my Tech 8 buckles after a race - what a pain).

I would definately check out the Gaerne SG10's! :nod:

Mr.Green

Mar 26, 2001
sg-10"s

I phoned my local shop, and they retail for 399$ canadian.
I said I only want to spend around 270$ and they said they will make it happen.I'll check it out this weekend.Thanks for your input guys! :)

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
If your local shop is that accomodating, then I'd buy them and keep going back! :nod:

KDXFORU

Feb 10, 2005
I ride sg-10's and they are sweeeeeet!!!!!!! everything they have written about them is true

04kdx200

Mar 30, 2005
Boots !!!!!! HA !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who needs boots? Just kidding, I'm laid up with a broken tib and fib from not wearing mine. FOX Trackers are the only boots that would fit my budget, and my calves........ They work great!!!!(when you wear them) And at about $140 are a pretty good deal, they are very close to the FOX Forma Pro's that go for much more.......... Good luck, and wear your boots!!!!!!!!!!

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
seancza said:
which ones fit good on a wide foot (as in triple E's)?

The alpine stars are great boots. I own tech 6's. BUT, as a member of the triple e club, I promise you'll need Percodan to wear them all day long. They ache and hurt after a few hours.

My favorite comfort boots are the 80 dollar Rocky Mountain ARC boots. They are soft enough to stretch around our paddles. http://www.rockymountainatv.com/Product_Show.atv?cat=AP&type=BOOTS&name=A.R.C.+Corona+Boots

For safety, I still like the tech's 6's and percodan.

By the way, New Balance sells walking/running shoes in a very wide width. This saves blowing out shoes every two or three weeks!

notenuftoys

Sep 3, 2004
I'm a tight wad, and couldn't spring for expensive boots. So I bought MSR MXT for about $120. I love 'em, and I can buy 2 pair, with extra riding money, for the cost of SG-10's. I'm not sure what makes $280 boots so much better.

KDXFORU

Feb 10, 2005
notenuftoys said:
I'm not sure what makes $280 boots so much better.

Sg-10's
5)Zero breakin time
4)feels like a cushion of air on you tootsies.
3)hinge in the ankle so you can walk upright not like a caveman.
2)exoskeleton for an eaiser on/off and fit.
1)makes you look maaaaavalous :laugh:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
notenuftoys said:
I'm a tight wad, and couldn't spring for expensive boots. So I bought MSR MXT for about $120. I love 'em, and I can buy 2 pair, with extra riding money, for the cost of SG-10's. I'm not sure what makes $280 boots so much better.
Have you owned "expensive" boots (Tech 6, 8's, etc)? I suspect the answer is no, if you had, the difference would be very obvious; protection level, fit and durability.

Woodsquest

I love DRN!
Dec 15, 2004
Speaking of quality, what's with the tech10's?! I've seen just about every pair at enduro races with splits on the plastic near the lower buckle. Some very unhappy people with a $400+ hole in their wallet.

The tech6 I have are awesome. I can recommend those.

mattmcphail

Nov 18, 2004
I'm on that SG-10 wagon too. I have some and love them. I'm a new rider and they broke in right away and have been great. Try bobscycle.com. Great prices, I got mine for like $255.

The value of a boot like this one will become evident very quickly. Not only the comfort, safety, and durability while riding, but walking in them at all day between riding and racing, the way the materials react after being wet, and other factors like not having the soles worn off ever 5th ride make spending the extra money well worth it!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…