MX des Nations results... how disappointing...

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
October 21, 2002

Motocross des Nation - Bellpuig, Spain

Main event:
1. Javier Vico Garcia (Spain)
2. Andrea Bartolini (Italy)
3. Alessio Chiodi (Italy)
4. Jussi Vehvilainen (Finland)
5. Peter Iven (Belgium)
6. Danny Theybers (Belgium)
7. Joke Karlsson (Sweden)
8. Marco Kovalianen (Finland)
9. Alex Puzar (Italy)
10. Thierry Bethys (France)
11. Antti Pyrohonen (Finland)
12. Oscar Lanze (Spain)
13. Johnny Lindhe (Sweden)
14. Serge Guidetty (France)
15. Tanel Leok (Estonia)

Final Points:
1. Italy (5 pts)
2. Belgium (11 pts)
3. Finland (12 pts)
4. Spain (13 pts)
5. Sweden (20 pts)

What a sad line up. Maybe I'm not all into the international scene, but other than Chiodi... I didn't recongize a single name in the top 15. What a sad year for the MX des Nations event. :|

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Bartolini is a former 500cc champ and did a lot of development on the big YZF's, and Puzar is a former 125 and 250 world champion, so Italy clearly had a very strong team.

Not sure what happened to Ireland, but GP contender Gordan Crockard won one of the races according to Cycle News.

Kiwi MX

Oct 20, 2002
OMG

:o How could you not recognise Andrea Bartolini as a Yamaha rider yourself? lol
I suppose you could be excused on the grounds he was involved with the YZF Rock Chucka and not a 2 stroke... :confused:

And then there's...ummm....hmmm......who are the rest?

:think: A shame about the New Zealand team...

:) Its only exciting to watch the Euro MX when Coppins and Pichon are on the track at the same time - given how much love there is there haha GO THE LIZZARD...a bit like watching Brown and Langston.

Simon
Slydesigns
Race Signs

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i thought about posting this when i saw it sunday, but the whole deal is completetely bogus. but with the team Italy put in, they would have been ashamed if they ddint win

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
looks like we were busy getting our asses handed to us at sheffield mate!:p

so up to the MXDN there must have been close to 500 posts on various threads......now its done we have less than 10 and nothing has been settled. maybe its time to start up the Pichon vs RC thing again:)

Kiwi MX

Oct 20, 2002
haha with the amount of bad blood between them it should be a Pichon vs Coppins Showdown. hmmm what an awesome dash for cash race that would be!!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom