CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
MX style? I'm not aware of any plastics with a different style. Maier and UFO make replacement plastics for the KDX. Many of the DRN sponsors carry the UFO & Maier parts.

Gary

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
yea, Maier makes a MX Rear Fender that fits liek every KDX. You can get a green one like any where., but on the maier site, they have a black one. For a front # plate, get the one for a 96 RM 125/250, take off your black showck boots, and ziptie the # plate on. also, take off your hand guards and it will look EXACTLY like a KX 250. Have fun!

RTL

~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
Dave, the Maier rear fender is for H model KDX's, 95-03. I believe I have read threads where pre 95 owners mounted KX500 fenders with slight modifications. Finding a front fender should be no problem.

I recommend that you use the SEARCH function for your rear fender questions. Hope this helps. ;)

Jim Z.

Nov 10, 2001
the KX 500 rear fender will work on the bike. The KX 500 seat cover will also fit on the bike. As far as a number plate, i'm not really sure. Probably try a same year kx 250 front number plate, but i'm not sure on that one.

I put a RM number plate off of a 96-98 rm ( the one with the roost guards built in, the 96-98 rm had a conventional fork) on my drz 400 that has conventional forks and it looked tight. I don't know how it would work on a KDX, but you might give it a shot and let us know how it works out. The plate is only 20-30 bones, so if it doesn't work, your not out that much.

CMcCarthy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 22, 2002
I used a 98 KX125/250 rear fender that had to be modified a little. You have to remove the raised fins under the seat, and cut off about 3" near where the fender meets the mudflap. All of this is hidden from the outside, so it looks clean and was easy to do with a dremel. I also used the number plate from a 99-02 KX250 because the holes for it are already in the triple clamp. Just attach the bottom mounting holes through the 2 forward fender bolts and the top bolt hole uses a tapped hole in the upper triple clamp. It all looks factory. Click on the KTM avatar under my username to see pics of the bike.
-Charles

Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
Maier makes the MX rear fender for enduro bikes. I got mine at Dennis Kirk. UFO makes all the other plastics for the KDX. And I put Factory Effex graphics and seat cover on. All from Dennis Kirk.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom