MX Schools in FL?

darylZero

Feb 22, 2007
I live in Orlando and I’m looking to take a MX class. I’m just getting back into riding and think it would be a good before I hit the open practice. Anyone have a MX school in FL they recommend?

darylZero

Feb 22, 2007
For $25 I will def check that out :cool: You hear any good things about the Bithlo track MX school?

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
no i havent but i dont get out that way
someone else might though
i have been to 1 class at dade city so far and was very happy with it randy is top notch guy :cool:
once i get back working steady ill be there alot more

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
just let me know when your heading out here
hopefully i dont get on a killer overtime job
although it would be nice for bank account :)

Jul 4, 2006
I've had my son all over central Florida and the best by far is St. Pete on Monday nights with Vince DeVane and JB Ballard ($25). Or come to Lakeland for 1 on 1 with Vince for $50 an hour, sometimes he and JB have a weekend clinic for $250.

I inquired about training at Bithlo awhile back and they e-mailed me saying they no longer had schools on Sat.

At Dade City Randy is very very good at building the foundation. You'll run the tires and go over your 3 body positions, this is the most important part!! You do get to go out on the main track for a "free ride" but all learning is on the tires with Randy. Once you move to the next level there's a couple different instructors. Unfortunately the one my son has (Intermediate or mini's) isn't very hands on with the kids. He just let's them ride around carrying on bad habits and not much encouragement. A lot of locals pay the $25 for practice time for the evenings race.

darylZero

Feb 22, 2007
SteveinSpringHill said:
Or come to Lakeland for 1 on 1 with Vince for $50 an hour

Thanks for the info! :cool:

Do you happen to have the contact info Vince?

Jul 4, 2006
I attempted to e-mail but it says you don't accept e-mails. You can call me on my cell and I'll give you the number. I'm sure Vince doesn't want a bunch of calls (public forum) if they're not seriously wanting to book him. My cell# 352-586-9648

darylZero

Feb 22, 2007
I will give you a call today when I get off work (5:30). Thanks again! :)

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
I highly recommend Vince and JB. I've been to there classes several times at Sunshine and had lessons at Bartow.

As far as contacting them, I don't think Vince is worried about having his cell number out there. It's listed on Bartow's(http://www.bartowmotocross.com/) website.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…