geoffro

Nov 16, 2007
Iv done a search and found nothing.Anyone put a mx 125 tail pipe on the fmf or pc front pipe, I have the fmf rev pipe and want to toss that anchor.I have a old cr 125 tail lying around and thought i could modify cheaply.I know the 125 diameter is smaller so thought I could cut up and use the piece from std muffler and weld onto mx tailpipe.(my kdx is '05 and dont want drop extra $ into getting extra 1hp)
I would obviously have to modify bends etc, txs for any input

pearman

May 21, 2012
Just my opinion...
but I know that the fmf pipe with the proper silencer is going to be a much better setup than some frankenstien pipe you weld up. read around on this forum the fmf pipe is the one to have on a kdx. Maybe you could provide some more information on the problems you are having. And give us your bike info / mods or history.
Just trying to help

geoffro

Nov 16, 2007
Thanks for your input pearman, I do agree the proper setup is first prize.I have no problems with the bike just dont want the std pipe. I heard a long time ago that some guys were using mx tailpipes just cant find any threads on it.And as for "frankenstein"...haha I have seen some disgusting pieces of work myself, but technically I work like a civilized person and take pride in my mods.

Kaw4me

Feb 15, 2010
mudpack said:
Try it. Might make a good project.
Just don't expect the results to be as good as a stock FMF pipe.....

I've built a lot of 2 stroke pipes and silencers ,,, honestly most were a lot of time waisted and they ran worse.

If you want to try it , you really have nothing to loose but your time

geoffro

Nov 16, 2007
Thanks Kaw, that was the advice I was after. Trust your judgement, dont want to waste more time on this, I could be RIDING rather!!

Dec 15, 2010
i saw a vid on youtube a while ago where a guy fitted a tail pipe (with a little work) from a yz 125 or 250 onto his kdx, the tail pipe was hidden just behind the side pannel,it looked the part & sounded real nice too..youtube `kdx 200 shorty` & watch

Top Bottom