KTM-Lew

Jan 26, 2002
I bought my 400 EXC in late Oct and only rode it 3 times, about 8hrs total, before I purchased the MX-Tech piston and shim kit from my local Total Control dealer. Since I am a mechanic by trade I prefer to do my own work.When I called and described my concerns my dealer suggested I finish my break-in/testing to be certain of what I wanted. Called him back after a major ride at Hatfied/McCoy and asked him to work-up a set-up for me. I picked the parts up on Sat morning and had everything back together by 7pm. The installation was staightforward AND very informative. The fork action is hughly improved on rocks and elliminated the deflection caused by the stock active damping letting the forks drop into the travel too far and then spike. If you are riding a 2000 or newer KTM you will be stuned at the difference in this set-up.

Now I have to scrape together the money to do the shock.:eek:

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I'm waiting for my suspension to get back from MX Tech. Front and rear. I told'em to give it the works. I hope I'm half as happy with mine as everyone else seems to be.

I think Jeremy should pay me for letting him have the experience of working on my GasGas.;) ;) :cool:

Unit74

Dec 16, 2001
How much $$ does it take to get the EXC forks dialed in? I am absolutely fed up with my stilts and am thinking of getting the forks and shock done but all th website give general prices, plus parts, which means to me, a couple dollar shim or $200 valves and springs. What's the general concensus on how much it runs? If it helps, I am 185 in street clothes and am a fairly aggresive novice to intermediate racer.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom