MX Tech Huck Valve

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I got to ride a CRF450 with this set up, I hope to ride it some more! The forks move a lot, and absolutely no harshness what so ever. Jumping, whoops, it did not matter, the confidence level goes way up when your face is not slamming against the bars. This is different, and way cool! Hopefully I should have my 04/97 CR250 Huck valve by spring. If this could go on my 83? Anybody else get Hucked? Vintage Bob

SS109

Jul 27, 2009
IndyMX said:
What do they cost??
+1

I either have great bottoming resistance and poor handling or vice versa when desert riding (2nd gear ST to 5th/6th gear fire roads). This sounds like the perfect add on to fix my problem.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Last winter I bought an 04 front end to clobber onto my 97 CR just for this occasion. And I believe its 400 dollars for the job, no more bottoming harshness. GONE! I sure hope its not 400 a valve, I may have to wait a little longer, Jeremy knows? I am still trying to recover from the news on my 480 rear shock 1150 in Swedish pounds is a heart breaker, I think! I think thats over 1500 dollars? But, what good is a dirtbike that handles feeble? I may have found a WP shock for that, and the Huck Valve for my 250, patent pending, is in my sights. Too bad they can not go on my 480, legally? Did I mention the no more harshness? I am not up to speed enough/old/scared to clear the big jumps, I land short, and it hurts more, not with that valve! And the whoop-de-doos, are now the wimp-dee-doos, again. This should be the development of the decade for dirtbikes, right next to gasoline.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I did confirm today, it is 400 dollars for the Huck valve set up. I am learning it has nothing to do with the valving, if I want/need valving, springs yada yada. I can not wait!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
400 to get Hucked, priceless. It is the creepiest feeling ever Gary, BUT, I will get used to no more arm jarring effects everytime I come up short! And my hands will enjoy this also! Heck, from head to toe basically. except the wallet, no wait, a lighter wallet makes my lower back feel better! It was 1 thing riding that 09 CR450, now my old beast, I can not wait. Any Showa from 00 to present can take these, and of course the KTM brands. He is seemingly busting open on the Mini type racers, not many companies do that , in my past experience.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
$400 is cheaper than an exhaust.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
OK perhaps I should have said $400 for something that makes a dramatic improvement is a lot less than bling.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
Bling? Nope, just making my bike usfs legal and quieter than stock, with a system designed to run together. I can say that my bike runs way cleaner with my current setup over the stock setup.

I understand what you're saying, though.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I do not believe the Huck valve is plug and play, but I will ask! And my SST pipe and silencer is a little over 300+shipping?, BLING can wait!

SS109

Jul 27, 2009
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Any Showa from 00 to present can take these, and of course the KTM brands.
Bummer. Guess I'm out. :|

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
I do not believe the Huck valve is plug and play, but I will ask! And my SST pipe and silencer is a little over 300+shipping?, BLING can wait!

I ran into a good deal on fleabay. A guy bought them as backups but sold his bike before ever installing them (that was the story at least). The silencer was still in its unopened original packaging and the expansion chamber had just a minor scuff near the stinger that I got off with 2 minutes and some mothers chrome polish, and that $280 was shipped. I really couldn't pass it up... I love that combo with the VforceIII reed system. I had to drop down a few sizes on the main and pilot jets, which I thought was slightly odd, but I was really able to get that bike dialed in crisp. It pulls nicely right off the bottom, gets into the hit quicker, and has less of prominent sign off at the top; all the while, it's noticeably quieter. That's always a good thing.

Now if I could just get the suspension dialed, I'd be a happy man. Unfortunately, this huck valve might just be a bit too new for my blue dinosaur.

Pete Payne

MX-Tech Suspension Agent
Nov 3, 2000
We have the huck-valve for the 47mm twin chamber showa's
48mm twin chamber KYB's and the 48mm dual chamber Wp's.

The instalation is a bit deep . the axle lugs have to come off and there is a bit of machining that takes place on the damper assembly.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Thanks Pete! I was not going to bother the Wilkey's till later in the week, or till I heard something? And I completely forgot about the East coast distributor! I rebuilt my first pair of twin chamber forks last week, and wondered how the lug came off, for some entirely different, stupid idea. That iddy biddy screw, a press fit, and bam it hits the floor? Has Pete rode with these installed?

Pete Payne

MX-Tech Suspension Agent
Nov 3, 2000
Oh yes I have them in my personal bike , an 07 KTM 450 sxf.
It is really awesome how these things work. You can run a much lower oil volume and get the top of he stroke and the mid stroke softer to lessen the dreaded spike and cut back on arm pump and the huck valve will control 2 different kind of bottoming situation , a high speed bottoming like over jumping the big double and a slow bottoming situaton like a G-out you power through .

Most fork lugs come off buy taking out the set screw (ktm does not have he set screw) Clamping the lower fork tub in the vise with a set of shaft blocks that we manufacture so the tube does not get distorted , then you apply a little heat to soften the loctite and the axle lug will unthread off in a counter-clock-wise direction.

SS109

Jul 27, 2009
Any plans for older 46mm and 43mm forks?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Tomorrow should be the day. My suspension should be done. I put no rush on it, and it has had some set backs! Mostly due to being OLD. I have an over sized front rotor, curious about the back? Its all getting stuffed into the 00 frame. I am going to run the stock 97 top end, for now. I sure wish these could get opened up like the YZ's. I believe its the stupid exhaust bridge? A nice square bore would suit me fine. This one will get bumped up for Firepower. And run the 00 ignition, no power jet carb. My bikes are eating twin air filters, in 2 months. I have an oem to try. The fancy cleaners are eating the glue quicker than gas! Anybody try the Chinese hi flow radiators, 150 a set~oem around 300 a set? And if the cc's get bigger, I am really going to need bigger radiators?

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
My bikes are eating twin air filters, in 2 months. I have an oem to try. The fancy cleaners are eating the glue quicker than gas!

That's weird. What are you using to clean them? Low Odor Mineral Spirits seems to work ok, that's what I use for general purpose solvent. I also use No-Toil on one bike, my 01 CR125R. It was an experiment I started years ago. To avoid the cost of the No-Toil cleaner I got the MSDS and found out it's the same thing as a common powdered cleaner at the grocery store. I have never had an issue with No-Toil and the clean up is in momma's sink. :boss:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…