DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Townleys take out of Short had me worried big time second moto. I was mad enough at him that I didn't even feel bad when he hurt himself during the third moto.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
The racing was great today! We rode the street bikes out there from Michigan. It was definitely worth the trip. We are in Aurora, CO right now will be headed to WY tomorrow. I'll have Phil post some pics from today

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
All the racers out there know that if your opponent leaves a space you take it and sometimes you have to make that space appear. I Know Ben well enough to know that his intention was to pass and he believed he could do it without being a bowling ball.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Dungey- "I'd like to thank the Man above."

Short- (Quoted in a RacerX interview... 'What is one thing that you take everywhere?')... "My bible."

Canard- "Got to give-it-up for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."

What a team! :cool: :yeehaw:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Is it gonna be on TV?

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Vic said:
Is it gonna be on TV?

Found the free online LD version. More like N(o)D.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Finally back home. What a great set of races to see live. Eel and I had a chance to walk the track after the event and the size of some of the jumps was insane, especially with the track perspective.

The biggest surprise of the whole event for me was to witness the speed of Ken Rozcen.
I can't wait to see how he does here in the US.
Lastly, I wish the AMA or whoever sanctions US Motocross would pay out the racers on the scale of FIM GP's because there are some awesome racers over in Europe who I am sure would love to come out and race some events here if the money was right.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
Dungey- "I'd like to thank the Man above."

Short- (Quoted in a RacerX interview... 'What is one thing that you take everywhere?')... "My bible."

Canard- "Got to give-it-up for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."

What a team! :cool: :yeehaw:

I wish Dungey would be a bit more specific about which man above he's thanking. . .

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
kelsorat said:
Lastly, I wish the AMA or whoever sanctions US Motocross would pay out the racers on the scale of FIM GP's because there are some awesome racers over in Europe who I am sure would love to come out and race some events here if the money was right.

Uhhhh there is NO prize money for racing World Championship Motocross. Salaries are paid by the teams also entry fee's are HUGE completely eliminating any privateers from competing in the series.

Pretty much most of the top GP talent moves over or has eyes on US SX/MX and the potential paydays it can bring from corporate sponsorship $$$

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Chili, I stand corrected.

I guess I got confused by what Geoff Meyer wrote about in Cycle News.

In a nutshell the article said that there is a possibility of losing riders to the GP's because the pay for a mid-pack rider is better than in the US where only the Top riders make the bucks, while the rest scrounge for lousy purse money.

Last edited:

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
I am not arguing that point. But the riders still get paid by sponsors and have a team salary/contract.

From Mxlarge

"Of course these two are not the only two riders (Anstie, Searles) from America who will be coming back to race Grand Prix Motocross. With the current recession in America that golden goose of high wages in America is now a thing of the past and while the top few names in USA might make great money, the guys around 5th to 10th place in both Motocross and Lites are struggling to earn the sort of living they are used to. Pit Beirer summed it up in his interview at MXlarge when he mentioned the crazy payment system in America. Here is a short comment from Beirer.
Beirer: It isn’t so easy, because salaries for the top riders in America are really high. It’s crazy; you don’t have a mid range like in Europe. In the World Motocross Championship we have a lot of riders who make good money, but in America it is like the top riders make really good money, but the next level don’t make hardly any money. I would say the top five guys are making money in America. For a number seven guy you have the same cost for the bikes, mechanics and that type of thing, but with the second level guy you can never win, you can’t show how good you are, so we have to eventually enter the level of the very top guys."

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Some riders get paid, some are paying to get rides not unlike the US scene as well depending on circumstances. Keep in mind the author of your quote Geoff Meyer is a well known puppet of Giusseppe Luongo and has been engaged in a several year long attempt to boost the image of the GP's versus the US series.

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
WOW. I assumed it was on speedHD or MavTV, but it's on a channel that I didn't know I had, called "Altitude". Channel 9661 on Dish Network.

It's not in HD either. But it still looks better than the web version. ;)

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Green with envy, my computer a/v set up is not that good! And yeah, Altitude no less. I mean what the heck, the United States is the best in the world at MX racing, and ,,,,nada.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Sweet!

Kevin

Top Bottom