my bike is leaking gas

killakevin85

Nov 4, 2005
I own a kawasaki klx125l and I was riding it today after only a couple months becasue it has been too cold to ride, and when i let it cool off for a little bit, I left the fuel on, only to notice that about ten minutes later there was a puddle of gasoline underneath it. I noticed that if i leave the fuel on, gas drips off the carborator down some tubing, but when it is off no gas leaks. I don't know if this is normal, or if something is wrong, if you could let me know that would be great

crazyrydermx

Feb 4, 2006
Well....I am guessing that it is your float level. This is the most common problem that people usually overlook. If you need help setting it, just ask.

sjcs88

Mar 1, 2006
i have have a simillar problem my cr250 is licking oil out of the exhaust i alreday checked my gas oil mixture and is ok what could it be?

sjcs88

Mar 1, 2006
sjcs88 said:
i have have a simillar problem my cr250 is licking oil out of the exhaust i alreday checked my gas :ride: oil mixture and is ok what could it be? :uh:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
The gas dripping is probably due to the gas that was in the bike while stored gumming up the carb especially the float bowl. At the least pull the bowl off and give it a complete cleaning with some carb cleaner and check for varnish in the carb. next replace the old gas with good fresh gas.

As far as the oil dripping out of the exhaust that is called spooge and means you are jetted way to rich. You will probably need to change the jetting to a bit leaner. Keep the oil/gas ratio at what is called for in the manual (usually around 32:1) so you are running enough oil to keep the engine lubed.

dd_moto

Feb 8, 2005
hey oldguy(not being mean) i also have sploog coming out of my exhaust. but when i check me spark plug it looks just like card board so from what i understand this is normal right? or is my jetting off also? and i mix my gas at recommended ratio

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Check the needle and seat, it is attached to the float and is what actually stops the flow into the bowl.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…