medwaste

Dec 1, 2006
A strange phenomena happened over the last week ( my first real week of riding). I swear my bike shrunk, like heightwise. Do springs lose their spring? Or does the foam in the seat deteriorate over the winter? Honestly, I almost feel comfortable on it.

Apr 30, 2007
Someone said that same thing after I sold my 125 to buy a supermini.

Erm...I would probably call your situation a case of getting used to things :) Funny isn't it?

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Hey Sandy you in for Big Air on Wednesday?? We'll be out there at 2 when they open. Then racing there this weekend..you should come up and check it out.

The springs do break in after awhile or maybe you finally grew :nener:

medwaste

Dec 1, 2006
Thanks for the invite MXGirl, gotta work this weekend but just maybe if the stars are aligned right and my pickup is put back together, I might be able to check out Little Air.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
I'll let you know when we go for a Wed. practice again...more than likely it will be the Wed. before we race. Not sure when I'll make it to Martin this year...

I hear ya on the truck problems...mine is getting on my last nerve...BUT we still don't have car payments, so I guess we'll fix it!

We'll have to hook up and ride. I can put another scratch on your shiny plastic again! lol...I still feel bad about that...

medwaste

Dec 1, 2006
Hey Just...007, How different is your CR105 from the CR80? Did it take you long to adjust to it? I only ask because I still don't feel balanced on my Honda, it's like the bars are always yanking me around and I just haven't found that balance point when standing. I'm trying to lean more forward over the bars and keep the power smooth. I want to be the rider my Honda deserves.

medwaste

Dec 1, 2006
MXGirl, Don't feel bad about the scratch. It's impossible for me to keep things nice. But I did buy black plastic for it over the winter, just need some $ for graphics but then it'll look too cool for my riding skills.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
You should think about setting up the suspension for you. It's amazing what that does for the way a bike handles.

Apr 30, 2007
medwaste said:
Hey Just...007, How different is your CR105 from the CR80? Did it take you long to adjust to it? I only ask because I still don't feel balanced on my Honda, it's like the bars are always yanking me around and I just haven't found that balance point when standing. I'm trying to lean more forward over the bars and keep the power smooth. I want to be the rider my Honda deserves.

It's a little tough for me to judge. I've had very little "real" seat time on the bike because of 9 months worth of doctors orders from broken collarbones. I am having the same yanking around sort of feeling, however, I've only had 5 rides on this bike, and none long enough to really even get used to anything. What I need is some good old-fashioned playing time on a track, where there aren't any huge bikes flying over me, or faster kids on 85s trying to run me over.

My 80 was a 98, and this 105 is a 2005, so things are slightly different, and I am beginning to wonder if the 80 had taller handlebars on it. Risers might do the trick, along with a gripper seat to help with the holding on using your legs. Have you considered that as an option? Last time I checked, they aren't too spendy.

Powerwise - Huge difference (thus the jerking around?). This one has a boatload of power lower in the powerband, unlike my 80 which was set for an insane amount of midrange.

Hopefully that helps?

Apr 30, 2007
One additional note about the gripper seat: Cinch those pants up an extra notch...or three. My 105 has the gripper material on the top part only, and even still, it learned that it can take my pants halfway down my butt!!

(Probably due to rider error - not holding on with my legs enough - but I may as well put in the warning.)

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Hey Sandy, we're heading up to Big Air on Wed for open practice...I am not sure I am riding yet. I jacked my neck up yesterday and not sure if it will heal by then...

It's a lot slower on Wed for practice, especially since the kiddies are still in school

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom