Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
DW02 Quick memories
· Having to fix my RV and weld the bumper back on before I even got all the ay out of Michigan and then praying she would hold all the way to OK and back, which it did.
· Riding my bike for 6 days in a row – I’m beyond sore.
· Being thankful that I never got hurt at DW 02. Sorry that others did.
· Seeing Kenny B rail that turn on the pegs. Watching Billy ride, Browine ride, Dr D. ride and Coop ride –thrilling! I was amazed.
· Racing on day 5 and 6 nearly numb and terribly tired but having more fun than I have in a long time.
· Racing for the first time in over 21 years and remembering why I loved it so much.
· Finding a tarantula in a boot in our campsite on the first day and learning Elk’s skeert of them. Laughing as I see 9 people crawling around looking for parts.
· Discovering the flashpoint of Armorall from Billywho
· Watching Napper (michman) do fork jobs each morning before we could ride, including mine! The revalve was appreciated big guy!
· Cooking for all my friends and them making me feel so appreciated while I was the one having the fun doing it for them
· Meeting so many people that were so kind, caring, helpful, friendly and damn funny.
· Hearing MX Bundy hauling A$$ and then hearing “Crack” as the tree took a lick
· Scratching the hell otta my shins searching for all those moons on the trails at night during the poker run – bleeding and laughing so hard all at once.
· Riding at the 500 three times – it was so cool to ride in some new stuff.
· Racing in my first hare scrambles in my life and having way too much fun
· Getting the hole shot in my very first motocross race in my life.
· Begging Wes (Vintagedirt) for coffee in the morning waiting for more people to get up so I could start my generator
· Taking Papakeith riding on Monday at the 500 after meeting him for 5 minutes
· Laughing so hard that beer came out my nose each and every day
· Watching Zoomer take his bike motor apart twice! (Found the washer the second time!)
· First thing I saw when arriving to DW02 was seeing Elk with his ‘zuki all torn apart. Knowing the history it was too funny.
· Second thing I learned at DW02 was Billy wrecked Thumps Rad on Sunday before DW started! Knowing that history that was even funnier – sorry Thump!
· Learning to sleep in the same room with a chain saw running all night
· Appreciating the new staffing program at Jack and Dianes.
· Riding MX with 2 snow cones in my stomach – slosh, slosh.
· Watching Zoomers kids go nonstop, then realizing that our own friend Doug Daulton can top them!
· Meeting new people that I already miss. Too many to name but the memories will be cherished for my lifetime.
· Camping with a dog that doesn’t ever bark, EVER! His name was Chance. But DW02 made up for him, he never stopped.
· Meeting the kitty that only comes out at night when you least expect it.
· Spode showers
· Getting BIG Lou and PK’s race on video
· Going trail riding with MikeB which was a goal I had set before I left.
· Having a conversation with Doug Dubach and getting it on video – priceless.
· Having more fun than I expected and I expected to have a lot of fun!

Speedway

Jan 23, 2002
Fred T,
I couldn't make it this year and meet all the fine folks that I have met over DRN. But your posts and others make me feel like I was there. Thanks, and I will make it to DW 03'.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I remember smelling those famous Fred T Burgers on the grill and having Fred offer me one, however, I had just ate at Camp Tejas across the way....

Mental note to self.......Save Room For One Of Those Famous Fred T Burgers at DW'03......

Fred, I greatly enjoyed meeting you and the rest of the Michiganders!!!

Top Bottom