bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
6:00 AM- wake up
6:30 AM-wake up again :silly:
7:00 AM-on the road, bike, gear, and me all looking shiny and anticipating.
7:36 AM-arrive at sertoma, unload bike&gear.
7:45 AM or so-take off on 'practice' run to get used to new fork stiffness on big gravel road behind pits
8:25 AM or so-80cc beginner practice
8:26 AM- crash.

well, that's a rough estimate of the times except for the last two, which are pretty much that close. i was so psyched to finally be riding on a REAL motocross track, and started blitzing past everyone on the first straight. I wish. the loam was about 5" thick on the straights and the turns were made out of fine mulch. all seven horsepower that my bike has was stolen right there. then comes the first jump: a 25' tabletop right into a 30' or so double. cleared the TT, overshot the double. then a step-up, (i think- i only rode one lap) turn, big TT, then the monster, King Kong himself, a 155 foot table. no lie. actually it used to be a 190 foot tabletop-to-step-down, but they reversed the track and chopped the jump. :(
a few more turns, TT's, S-D's (tabletops and stepdowns), and the rythm section. now here is the place my day ended, the three-foot whoopties with about 15' in between. i originally wanted to just roll them, at least for the first couple of practice laps. too bad i didn't. i came over the first one faster than anticipated, cased the second, bounced and the front end dove straight into the next, flipping me over the bars but my leg getting caught b/w the bars and my tank, on the crest of the fourth whoop. all 178 pounds of my TT-R was on my leg, which was on the bar, which was on the clutch lever, snapping it instantly at the perch. luckily i crashed at the feet of a flagger(i use luckily VERY lightly ), and he helped me pull the bike off and push it off bounds, all the while me barely walking from the huge charliehorse on my thigh. my dad came over and helped me push the bike back to the truck, and then went out to find a new clutch lever so i could ride the next moto. by the time he got back with the wrong size lever, i was in too much pain to walk, therefore race. i didnt want to look like a puss, so i tried to shrug the pain off and grind down the moose lever to fit into my perch. actually, my dad did and i went pawing through the glove compartment for an aspirin or tylenol. no luck. i tried to disguise my limp as much as possible, but even then i looked like i was walking in eight-inch heels. my dad noticed, and asked if i could ride. being the baby i am, i said no. i hated letting him down like that but i couldn't even haul my carcass all the way in the truck to lay down. one lap and the day was over. :whiner: well, it wasn't all that bad, my friend raced his quad and won third place, even after getting turned around on the 5th turn of the TT track in both motos on his Blaster. :thumb:

well, i think that's plenty for a report, thanks for taking the time to read it.

-Rob

oh by the way i didn't get to see BEEF706 between watching josh race and laying down.btw BEEF, how'd you like the track?

-Rob

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Great ride report!! That was good reading! Sorry about your first race ending the way it did. It's good to get your first race out of the way. I've got both my first Enduro and MX out of the way. Trouble is, I haven't yet done my second on either, so we'll see how it goes.

Hope you didn't hurt your leg too bad!!

bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
thanks for the kudos, guys (and girls ;) ) i couldnt believe i did that whils finishing the first lap of practice, so i only got to ride the track once. next time, though, it will be rolling through in 1st or 2nd gear. i still can't walk normal, and my leg has swollen up really big. hopefully it will be ready next MONTH when the races come around again. :thumb:

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Sorry to hear about the crash, Bluerider, that sectin has gotten alot of us at one time or another. My day was even worse, set alarm for 3am, (or so I thought) wake up at 7. So I missed your debut. next month I go down there an Sat.to make sure! Good race report. :aj:

bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
thanks, 706.

just got back from the doc and they said it isn't broken, just severely bruised. there is absolutely no bending of the knee past 90 degrees, because of the pain. and no physical sports. if not 100% in 7-10 days, go back to doc. hopefully it wont take that long and i can practice whoops. :silly: next month i should be going, but i dont know if it is a 2-day thing again.

moral of the story: either double or roll, NEVER bounce whoops or pain will surely follow... :) <--saweet, that's quote material! ;)

ACS

Apr 17, 2001
Good report and sorry to hear about the leg. OUCH!!!! Track sounds really good and a bit of time on it and hopefully you will be collecting the trophies. Nice to recieve thanks about the setup too.

XR100rRida

Jun 10, 2002
Originally posted by bluerider125
moral of the story: either double or roll, NEVER bounce whoops or pain will surely follow... :) <--saweet, that's quote material! ;)

Yea i fell like that on my kx. I gased it to late and was pounding on the inside for like 6 or 7 then my back end like swung th ethe side and landed on my leg. My leg was fine but my ribs were sore for the next couple of days.

bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
oww, that musta hurt. did your ribs land on a whoop or something?

well, i'm getting better, but the thigh muscle is so weak its not funny. my BMX buddies are laughing their arse off because they know that as soon as i get back on my bike, one lap pedaling around the BMX course and i will be gasping for air- i have not been off two wheels this long forever... AND ITS ONLY BEEN A WEEK! :eek: tomorrow i should be going riding, so i'll bring a report in the health forum.
oh, and there is construction crews working near my house, yesterday i asked if they would'nt mind piling dirt for a double, and they said yeah, as soon as they are done working in a couple of weeks....;)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom