My hands hurt

TechKid

Apr 30, 2002
What can I do to prevent blisters? Is it my grips?My gloves?Anyone have same problem?Please help me out here!

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Kid,
You may want to try a glove insert. There are high-dollar Kevlar ones available but I would suggest going to a farm or hunting supply place and get those little thin thermal thingys for a couple bucks. They are very thin and designed to help keep your hands warm in the winter. They will provide you with some extra padding. Maybe even cut the fingers out of a brown jersey glove and wear them under your riding gloves.
Other than that, you could start working on them to toughen them up. Hoe a garden or somesuch.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
its quite funny, i had really bad blisters and they got worse. i kept on putting softer grips on, but it wasnt until i went to a firmer grip that they cleared up! I think the sticky ones grip the skin too well in my case. i went with progrip black and blue medium compund in the end.

good luck

RGalesi

Aug 19, 2002
Maybe you're using a glove that is not the right size for you. The right size is when is very tight, so much that almost bend your hand. Loose glove in your palm is the most common cause for blisters.

Final solution is to ride so much, that your hands will look as made of steel, just like BigRed455 said.

One trade off is that the girls usually like a soft hand. Find a girl that does not...

helio

Dec 19, 2001
Find a girl that does not...

Maybe a Brazilian :yeehaw: or a Portuguese :scream: .

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
"Hoe a garden or somesuch. "

Jaybird, I find that pretty funny, but i'm not sure why.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
LOL...mght as well do something constructive whilst tryin to toughen up ones hands!
Actually BigRed has it pegged.

mototmetal, what does one do to toughen up their guitar fingers? :) Yup
(I actually heard your reply)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Don't have a death grip on the grip! Use your legs to hold the bike, be free. :flame: PM Twinspar, he's got some inside info about blisters and their creation.:thumb:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
Jaybird, my hads are pretty toughened up from years of various work and hobbies. I still get blisters from riding, probably I hang on too tight. No problem with guitar, though. Also, from working with hot parts I have the freakish ability to handle hot things without getting burnt...flipping burgers on the grill? No problem. Pulling a 400 degree pizza out of the oven? Can't even feel it. I'm not proud of this.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…