My KDX 200 and a MX Track

Sep 15, 2004
I went on my first "real mx track" yesterday woo-hoo :nod: Man I had a blast!!............but I awoke this morning and all I can say is ouch! Everywhere. I used muscles I didnt even know I had!Any advice for mx tracks?Streching first??Thank god for motrin!!!Sorry if I am whining but like I said it is my first real track.Went to the landing in md.only had 4 get offs :cool: Luckily they were not on jumps :yikes: :bang: All around corners. Also how exactly do you feather the clutch??Thanks alotAm having most of my problems around corners.any good practice tips out there?I think I am liking the track better than the trails.I was worried about the KDX handling a track.but IT is plenty capable of a track.I :ride: I upgraded my fork springs to .40 and it really seemed to help!I took my first double only about 15 feet but it handled fine(the bike as for me I got alot to learn)

kx250kev

Jan 17, 2005
Stretching would help, but I don't. With more practice, your rarely used muscles will get used to it. I plan to take my KDX to the track soon to evaluate it back to back with my KX. I'm sure it will work well on the track and on the doubles. Stay tuned...

Last edited:

Rhodester

May 17, 2003
For corners get your weight forward and keep your elbows up. You have to have confidence that your front tire will stick and not wash out. I run an M-12 Michelin with 11 to 13 lbs of air (depending on terrain). I have more confidence in it sticking than any tire I've used to date. That's the ticket for cornering...at least in my case.

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
I used to race MX and HS at budd's creek. I rode a KX in the MX races and the KDX for the HS races. Of course the HS races included the full MX track - I did every jump on the track except the big gulp (75ft up hill double, KDX would never have the power to clear it or the suspension to survie if you didn't clear it) on the KDX with bone stock suspension.

Feathering the clutch is a bit of a mis-nomer. All you do is slip it a bit to modulate the power more precisely and keep the motor at high rpm's where it makes its best power.

Rhodester

May 17, 2003
Green Hornet, I'm extremely happy with the M-12 front tire. I ride in dry desert conditions mostly, but also mountain trails that are dry with some wet spots (stream crossings, etc.). The only thing I've come across that gives the tire some trouble is deep sand, But I don't know of anything that handles deep sand too well. I may also be trying an M-12 on the rear when my Maxis C6001 wears out. What do you think of your M-12 rear tire so far?

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
Rhod-I've road the S12 & M12 the other day. The S12 is great in the sand as well as the M12 rear. I was trying to break the front loose & the bike held its line

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…