CamDayKX125(4)

Uhhh...
Jan 20, 2006
my little brother is 4' 2'', 50lbs., and 8 y/o. hes been riding a 02' xr 70. hes wanting either a kx 65,klx 110, or klx 125. which one would be best?

Last edited:

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
I bet the KX65 would be killer, but I guess it depends on his ability and riding style/preference.

If he wants to stay trail, then don't get the 65 - they scream. In one of Pastrana's videos there was a kid on a 65 who jumped like a 100 ft step up!

CamDayKX125(4)

Uhhh...
Jan 20, 2006
i forgot to mention this. hes only been riding for at most, 4 months. he has NEVER ridden on a trail. he needs something to last him till he uses my brothers 85(probably about 3 to 4 years)hes also not good with turns. he used to ride on a field with 2 ft. tall dirt jumps.

benloos404

Jan 19, 2006
Well if he wants to eventually start serious motocross i would deffinitly go with the 65, there a blast. Kids at one of my local tracks can make those things fly.... WOT everywhere!

kellyk7

Feb 1, 2006
CamDayKX125(4) said:
i forgot to mention this. hes only been riding for at most, 4 months. he has NEVER ridden on a trail. he needs something to last him till he uses my brothers 85(probably about 3 to 4 years)hes also not good with turns. he used to ride on a field with 2 ft. tall dirt jumps.

something everybody seems to miss, why move him up if all he can do is run straight lines, Move him up to a bike with clutch that fits him. then set up two buckets and have him run figure eights, start out wide and long, as he gets up in speed make them smaller, the goal is to get used to running them fast, teach him to use the back brake to slide around the corner, if I am right the xr 70 is an autoclutch bike so this will be a problem on the XR, also get him used to the bikes habbits, have him top it out and go hard for the front brake, watch for skid, or stand up on front wheel, he needs to know how this feels, do the same with rear brake, he needs to know what it feels like to cause a skid, do this over and over, standing and sitting. too many people just want to ride, develope the skills and then ride anything you want. to many adults try to start kids off to fast and they get freaked, or more dangerously they do not develope good ride skills.

Goose91

Jan 18, 2006
I would see what he wants. For trail riding I like to have alot of motor for hill climbing and such, but it's good to be able to put my feet down. See what he feels most comfortable on, and check height to weight comparisons on your choice bikes.

Goose

Top Bottom