angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
I saw that Team Honda resigned Fonseca and Ramsey. So I decided to pick my own team if I was in charge.

Team Honda: RC (already under contract); Fonseca and Ramsey.
My team: RC, Nick Wey to replace Fonseca, rehire Ramsey for 1 year and hopr the leg heals 100%.

Kawasaki: Stewart & Lusk
My Team: Stewart (blank Check). Replace Lusk with Ivan Tedesco or Travis Preston.

Yamaha: Reed;Ferry & Cobra
My team: Same.

Suzuki: Pastrana, Roncada, Tortelli & Hamblin
My team: Make Branden Jesseman my #1 rider, Keep Tortelli (possible mx only), talk Alby out of retirement for mx only. Hamblin for 1 year. Andrew Short for 125 rider.
Travis and Roncada :moon: Hire Grant Langston away from KTM.

KTM: Langston, Hughes, Laninovich, Metcalf, Woods ?
My team: Try really hard to get Windham to race 450 SX (mx only?), Keep Hughes for another year, Laninovich for 125, replace Metcalf with Josh Hansen. Ryan Clark for SX only, Dowd for 250mx.
Michael Bryne if Windham doesn't work out.

Amsoil: La Rocco, Preston, Windham, Byrne, Gosselar
My Team: Same. If anyone bails, replace with Ryan Hughes, Fonseca, Lusk or another veteran

Pro Circuit: Brown, Sorby, Walker
My Team: Fire ALL of these cheap shot artists unless they can whip Ryan Huges or Travis Preston in a no holds barred UFC match. Also, can someone please punch that smug, arrogant Mitch Payton in the nose? Yes, you're short. Get over it!
Replace these riders with the 3 hotest amatuer riders I can get.

:debil:

SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I agree with some choices, but right now I wouldn't even take a chance on a Suzuki team. If the mojo took a turn for the better with the yellow bikes, I'd still be scared to death to put one of my favorite riders on one. :laugh: :eek:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by angry jim
Pro Circuit: Brown, Sorby, Walker
My Team: Fire ALL of these cheap shot artists unless they can whip Ryan Huges or Travis Preston in a no holds barred UFC match.

you would fire the former and soon to be defending 125 national champion (brown) and the hottest up and coming 125 rider (sorby)?

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Honda: Bubba, RC
Suzuki: Bubba, RC
Yamaha: Bubba, RC
Kawasaki: Bubba, RC
KTM: Bubba, RC

Bubba to race both 125 and 250, so RC has a chance against him on the big bikes. :eek:

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
Nate dawg had a pretty serious limp in the pits this past Sunday... I can imagine how he must feel, I tried riding soon after breaking both of my femurs last year and it killed... He looks to be a pretty tuff dude to be sporting a signifficant limp and putting in all that time under his ride. I think Honda did the right thing resigning him.. .Fonzie is probably the obvious choice for the CRF250r..
Is RC's contract up at the end of this year, I thought it was a 2 year deal, am I wrong?
Again, Lusk didnt look that great Sunday, at least not the flashes he showed during the SX season.... Maybe he will venture over to Suzuki.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Special K is showing some great improvement after his break. Imagine how kick butt he would be after spending some time with the never say die I'll deal with the pain later Ryno! Ryan could show Kevin what having heart is all about and how it ain't over until the checkers wave and Kevin could show RRyan how to be smooth. I think putting them on the orange team is the best place for their talents. Keeping Junkyard to show Kevin how to ride sand would be a great idea.

Yogi is just not willing to engage, I'm afraid his head won't ever get back in to it so maybe he should be a team manager for the green team. Bubba on 125 and Preston on the 250.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Cobra on a yellow bike along with Sorby and keep Brandon J & Short.

I really think the military academy at Honda would be a good way to whip Travis into shape. I doubt they would put up with his back flipping FMX or other antics. Iron Mike as his team mate would be pretty interesting as well :laugh: And having practice be RC, TP & Mike would be pretty interesting. I think Travis would see what he needed to do and RC would gain some insight from Travis' line selections. Keep Little Goose & Byrne on the 125s. However Honda & Amsoil break the teams up wouldn't really matter to me.

The blue team is pretty good as is. Skippy just needs to learn the outdoor tracks on the 250 2 stroke and I think he'll be set. Ferry just needs to get all his ducks in a row to be a force. Bring in Brown & Walker to ride the 125s.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Honda -- will eventually have RC and Bubba, and the "military academy" (LOL Patman) would probably be good for Pastrana too. Maybe put him on AMSOIL w/ LaRocco, then they might not crash into each other as often if they practice together all the time.

Suzuki -- The "French Connection"? Dave V and Tortelli, and maybe Mike Brown 250SX/125MX

Yamaha -- Keep Reed (04 SX champ) and Ferry (Can't we all just get along?)

Kawasaki -- Preston and Langston, maybe bring Hughes back into the fold?

KTM -- probably concentrate on a 125 team, plus keep Dowd in there for 250MX (always a chance of winning Southwick)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom