mxwannabe

May 11, 2005
I finally got a new bike and WOW does it make a difference. Just bought a 1999 Rm250 for 1300. It has brand new tires. FMF fatty pipe with power core 2 silencer and it runs great. So much power in this bike I love it. Only problem is I way 118 pounds so I have a little trouble kicking it. But the power is worth the effort. Was this a good deal?

n_w t_ b_kes

May 31, 2005
I think it was a very good deal. I never see those kind of deals around here. Where do you live? If its close to where I live, I might consider getting one there.

"A new used rm250". Its an oximoron. :)

mxwannabe

May 11, 2005
I live in florida but the way i found the deal was through ****. You can make it show you all the dirtbikes within say 250 miles of your house. Ive been looking for quite awhile. Just find the one you want and give them a nice low offer. The guy wanted 1400 so i offered 1300 and he took it. Picked it up that same weekend.

Ruff Rider

Sep 14, 2004
$1300 doesnt seem bad but it depends on the condition of the bike and how the previous owner(s) used it. This might not be appearent right away but it will once you start tinkering with it (mechanically).

As far as your starting woes, assuming you have a problem with the number of kicks it takes. Keep practicing and try to find a rhythm. Some people do 1 full kick choke on, next w/it off and full throttle. Tones of possiblities. I turn on choke, 1 little 1/2 kick and followed by 1 or 2 full kicks...(dont roll any throttle when choke is on therefore defeating the purpose of having the choke on it the first place)

If you have a problem with the amount of force it takes, either grab a bucket or stool as high as the pegs and put your left foot on that and then stand up (right foot on the peg), lift right foot onto starter and drop down on it using all of your weight. This would work with out a bucket but be prepared to stop the bike if it starts to lean one way or the other.

KBB says $1700 trade-in value in average condition. So either the guy wanted to get rid of it because he needed cash or hes lieing and somethings wrong

Good Luck and have fun

Last edited:

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
I'm riding a 99 rm250 also, i had a 96 rm250 with a lot of work done and switched to this one which has fmf fatty and procircuit silencer and i like this bike a lot more. Got it off **** also about 8 months ago, and i paid only $750 and it is in awesome condition. The deals are out there if you have the time to look around

mxwannabe

May 11, 2005
Ya its in really awesome condition. My friend can start it easily but he is taller and heavier than me. 750 dollars is an awesome deal I wish i could have found one the cheap.

Top Bottom