Yamaholley

Jul 12, 2001
Well, looks like the wet riding season has begun here in the great Northwest! Yesterday was a perfect example of winter riding in the Tillamook Forest :scream:
It started off with a bit of rain, then, more rain, then, REALLY big rain!
However, I was able to protect myself from it by slipping and falling on a muddy slope, thus completely covering myself in nice, gooey, insulating mud!
:p

We rode 56 miles in the stuff, and had a blast; the bad news is I've now got a really bad cold :o
I guess I'll never learn!
Anyone else here ride year around in really nasty weather, or am I the only glutton for punishment?!

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
I'm planning to get some winter riding in this year. I just got back from riding at Reiter tonight. The weather forcast said there's a "Winter Storm Warning" for the mountains, so I thought it be a great time to ride and hopefully hit some snow! I've never ridden in the snow before. Unfortunately, the snow level didn't drop low enough before I had to start heading back to the truck, so no snow for me today. :( It was VERY wet and windy though. Got some night riding in too. First time for that. It was pretty fun. After I made it back to the truck, I decided to try riding a tight trail in the dark to see what it'd be like. Not fun. Mainly because the wet rocks and roots covered by the leaves is hard enough in the daylight. I stalled once too. Boy, does it get dark fast when your headlight goes out!:scream:

Jeremy

Top Bottom