My tranny blew, then i got muddy.

theshark

Sep 27, 2005
sorry for the long post but,

yesterday i was taking out my 97 kx 125 that i just spent a month or so putting together, i did 4 laps or so ... was just putting around really in 1,2,3 gear... i came off a jump and when the rear wheel hit the ground, i put some throttle on it and clank!

the bike stopped dead and tipped over, i fell off, and rolled backwards into a muddy puddle... really slowly, it was hilarious... i was in 2nd gear when this happened i think.

after getting it running again my buddy took it just around the parking lot and it was going in 1st just fine, when he went into 2nd gear everyone another loud clank and the front sprocket is just completely locked up, theres a little play in it but only about 1 inch forward and reverse now. It doesnt even go into any gear now and theres no neutral. The engine isnt seized so thats good, but the case is gonna have to be split to take a look at the tranny.

just a couple of questions if any of you guys have done this maybe you can shine some wisdom on me.

what can i use to clean the inside of the tranny out to get all those filings out of there?

should i replace anything else while im in there? bearings / seals?

any nice mods i can do to it while i got the engine apart?

i got a clymer manual coming in a few days so ill have to see what that says, hopefully its not too dated.

any help is much appreciated thanks

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…