parider

Feb 27, 2007
I am rebuilding my 2005 yz 250 , and i wanted to know if anyone has been running the namura piston in there bikes. the price is right. or should i go oem.

tcuda499

~SPONSOR~
Dec 2, 2007
I haven't heard much or anything about namura pistons but usually a performance aftermaket piston (like wiesco) will give more life than an OEM.

wileyE

Jul 6, 2003
Namura makes some very good stuff if the importer orders it that way. They'll also make some low end stuff if that's what a customer wants. Most their motorsport stuff is as close as a copy to the oem pistons as possible, from what I've seen. Looked the same weighed the same, measured the same. They even try to get the silicone content of the casting the same ( a good thing). I've run em in 1000cc prostock snowmobile engines and in 14:1 motors on nitrous with good success. Squeaked a few but not the pistons fault. In many application I prefer them to wiseco because I'm not a big fan of forgings in twostrokes. The other no brainer is the price, for what they sell them for a person has no excuse not to freshen his motor up every season. just my 02.

Top Bottom