Need a new rear tire, need suggestions

DougTx

~SPONSOR~
Oct 5, 2008
Hey guys...

Just picked up a 2001 CR250. The wheels are stock and the rear tire has seen better days. I am looking into replacing the tire but no nothing about dirt bike tires.

I am looking to ride here in North Texas. It is a lot of pretty hard pack and some soft sandy spots.

Any suggestions or what I should be looking for or to avoid?

Thanks for any help...

Doug

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
search the net for trellaborg tires there great tires long lasting great traction too
www.trelleborgtyres.co.uk-here are some inexpencive ones ,chk shipping
tire is Price: £48.00 = 71.00,thats a good price,there are other places out there that sell them as well this is a example-its for a 250-600 so a 125 will be less

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Maxxis.

Ditched the XR4 eh?

CJR

Jun 22, 2008
When you have your tire off make sure to check out your wheel bearings. I just changed the tire on my 2003 CR 250 and the bearings were shot. I don't think they had ever been changed and were well over due. If you got the bike used and dont know when they were changed you might find the same thing. I bought all 3 bearings and dust covers for around $30. Well worth it.

DougTx

~SPONSOR~
Oct 5, 2008
Patman said:
Maxxis.

Ditched the XR4 eh?
I had a Maxxis on the XR400.

Yeah I sold it. I got an offer I could not refuse... I may regret it down the road but I really wanted a CR or CRF.

I was hoping not to spend $7k on a new CRF450X so a really, nice 01 CR250 came along at a great price so I picked it up.

I am going to deffinately work out how to ride a bike with power delviered like that. It is different than my XR400 to say the least.

Thanks for the advice Patman....

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
trellborgs are here, try halls ducati,and gasgas in springfield illinois

there great in all conditions!
i had maxxas i liked the front but my 500 ate the rear
dunlop are great but pick wisely , rocky mountain atv is a good place for tires and there priced right

Top Bottom