ccliatt

Jun 2, 2008
I'm looking for an older bike for around $1000 or so. I am 35,6',200lbs. I used to own a yz80 in my teenage years and loved the power that it had. Haven't rode any since then. I'm watching a 1991 KDX200 on ebay. How much should I expect to pay for this bike. I just want a bike I can zip around on and maybe some trail riding. Does the KDX have the same feel as a mx bike or heavier? I've been told that mx bikes are bad about fouling plugs if not kept wound up. What about the KDX? I don't remember having many problems with that :coocoo: on the old yz80. I used to do alot of play riding(not to aggressive). Thanks for any input!

joebiodiesel

Dec 6, 2006
If you're looking for something to zip around on, and ride trails, the KDX is the bike for you. I'm 6'6" or so and 240 lbs with all my gear on. My bike has no problem pulling me wherever I want to go. I don't do any MX stuff at all. Strictly wood riding. My bike is stock except for a fatter rear tire, and jetting.
How much should you pay? Sorry,..dunno.
I'd look for a newer bike though. '95 or newer probably. A 91 KDX can be tough to find parts for.
good luck,
joe

geoffro

Nov 16, 2007
perfect

The KDX will pull you around perfectly.It is a little heavier than a MX bike but for social riding you will NOT feel the weight difference.I agree with Joe,try find a 95 up,much easier to find spares.The "newer shape" kdx's are getting cheaper and cheaper as well.

Top Bottom