Need bike help!

Jlane

Apr 7, 2008
1) your physical size 6'1 & 135lbs.

2) How physical / aggressive are you ? Still new to riding, but not scared to go fast. Casual

3) what do you plan to ride- Trails and tracks mostly

4) Do you have any riding experience? I've ridden a few times.

5) Do you think you will race ? Eventually

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? - No

7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? CRF250R - 4 Stroke

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? Yamaha and Honda

9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? whatever

10) Do you live in California? No

11) Your age? 17

12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
I dont want to buy something i will outgrow in about 3 months when im a more experienced rider. Wanting to go with a motocross bike, not so much a trail bike.

atkkid250

Uhhh...
Mar 18, 2008
well

sounds like you've made up your mind allready, the honda crf250r. A nice bike, although im not big on 4 strokes. i believe they softened the suspension on htem so at 135 you should be fine. althought the yamahas yzf 250 is also pretty nice. but i would stick with honda. and the crf250r was never intended to be anything like atrail bike so you are fine with that aspect. And i don't believe you will outgrow it either. It has plenty of power or "nut" to last you quite awhile.

Jlane

Apr 7, 2008

My major concern being a novice rider is, i dont want something that is to much for me, but then again i dont want to drop 5k+ on a bike that i will outgrow in 4 months when im a better rider. Is a 250 something that will beat the hell out of me everytime i ride it until i get better?

atkkid250

Uhhh...
Mar 18, 2008
nope

not at all, and at your height anyother 4 stroke will probably be way to small for you stock. they can be tamed down, and they are only as mean as you make htem, providing you get used to it you will have no problems, and it has enough to last you for quite awhile after the begginner stage as well. have fun :)

Jlane

Apr 7, 2008

Thanks for your help man, i appreciate it.

atkkid250

Uhhh...
Mar 18, 2008
yessah

no problem

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…