Need Boots That Fit

Jun 20, 2004
I wear a size 11 but I find that the boots that my dealer has will not fit me in the calf. I have large legs but only a size 11 foot, Does anyone know of a boot that has alot of calf room? I am wearing a pair of AXO now but they are adjusted all the way out and are still very tight on my leg

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Fly's new Talon boot can accomodate calves of up to 28" :yikes:
They are a Tech 8 clone, but sizing runs a bit on the small side. I normally wear a 10 in Gaernes, Sidi, & AStar, but I wear an 11 in the Fly's. The Talon boot is the first boot I have had in years that fit my calf & braces w/o having to make my own "extended" straps.

So far I only have 3 rides in the Talons, but so far so good.

iautom8u

Jun 21, 2004
I have the same problem. I wear a size 9 and have short legs with 19.5" calves. I have not found a boot to fit me. SIDI claims to have a 20" callf size on the Flex Force, but I can't find one to try on.
Does the Fly Talon really have a 28" size???? or was that a typo?

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
iautom8u said:
Does the Fly Talon really have a 28" size???? or was that a typo?

Not a typo.
My sz 11 Talons w/ the straps extended all the way out measure 28" around on the inside.

When the Fly sales rep brought the boots into the shop I work at he made his point by taking a sz 7 Talon, adjusting the straps all the way out & pulled the boot over his head.
This proved 2 things to me. 1) the Talons open up really big & 2) the Fly rep has a foot fetish........

Psalm31.24

Dec 5, 2002
sidi has adjustable calfs. i think there's test results on the DRN tested part of this site.
good luck

iautom8u

Jun 21, 2004
an update:

I bought the Fly Talon....and yes it has a wide calf opening......but the strap is not long enough to close if you open it wide. I can just get it latched with the strap all the way out, which does not hold well all the time, it tends to pop out of the boot. I am in the process of ordering some special velcro wraps that I can use around the top of the boot to keep them closed.

The search continues for those of use with big calves (19.5")

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…