NEED HELP FROM THE PROS come take a peek.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
1900 for a running rm250 is a good deal. Is this racer from some other country? Never heard of him? Abroad is a lot better source for factory bikes than the states. I know of a pro's same model for 3000, but its not factory. I would jump on it! Vintage Bob

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
Does it not seem strange that the top end has never been off? Are you certain about that?

Otherwise, yeah it sounds like a good deal.

J.

cary5500

Nov 15, 2009
hes a Australian rider super cross,

the top end has not been off I was told because , the pro rider only rode the bike for practice a few times and then this gentlemen bought the bike and had kids and it sat only being rode a few times , now that all could be lies and this bike could of been beat hell and back but even if it needed gears clutch plates $70 buck fix and a new top end rebuild $200 other then that What else is there really to worry about..

how do I know if its really his practice bike?

why does it not have a vin any were on the bike?

could I resell this bike with out the title and what would some one pay ?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I never understood the idea of a "pro's" practice bike being a big deal. A bike is a bike and personally I'd much rather have a bike that some old guy rode around at 60% than a bike that was just a piece of practice equipment for somebody that ran it at 95%.

cary5500

Nov 15, 2009
The idea of a pros practice bike is you get a bike with all the upgrades for cheap , how long do they ride practice bikes any ways? Cant hurt a 2 stroke in a short period of time there meant to be torn apart . that is what there built for ...

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
cary5500 said:
The idea of a pros practice bike is you get a bike with all the upgrades for cheap , how long do they ride practice bikes any ways? Cant hurt a 2 stroke in a short period of time there meant to be torn apart . that is what there built for ...

I would buy a race bike long before I'd buy a Top level Pro's practice bike. Most practice bikes get hammered to death.

As far as the upgrades, the RG3 suspension is worthless unless you are the same weight and ability as the rider it was setup for, the Vforce may be worth a hundred bucks, that bike comes stock with excel rims, and a used pipe for an 05 RM250 can be had for peanuts on E-Bay.

Something else to keep in mind is that Daryl Hurley raced and RMZ450 in 2005 not an RM250. He also left the USA for New Zealand at the end of the 2004 season when his contract expired here.

I've heard some of the factory bikes came without vins on the frame but can't confirm that. Since Hurley raced for Motoworld Suzuki here in the USA they were likely riding bikes off the dealership floor so they should have a vin.

Last edited:

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
The same as any other 05 RM250 in similar condition, prices will vary by location but $1900 for one in good condition is certainly a decent buy in my books. That aside until I could verify the origin of a bike with no title and no vin it would be no sale.

cary5500

Nov 15, 2009
Me either ..........this is has been one weird transaction... I looked over this entire bike everything is tight nice compression fast as hell clean air filter thing looks like and run likes a old lady raced it i wish I could find the real history of this bike..

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom