Need help on deciding

schug26

Mar 18, 2008
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important) -5'8" 165lbs
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? -dont know on a dirt bike, but i race sno cross, so i would say pretty aggressive
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? -trails to start and then tracks
4) Do you have any riding experience? -not on a dirt bike, but i race sno cross
5) Do you think you will race ? -yes
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? -work on my snowmobile all the time and live on a farm so i love to work on stuff
7) Do YOU have a preference to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? -SUZUKI (they make arctic cat engines :]) i am trying to decide between a 2 or a 4 stroke still
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? -lots close by with all brands
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? -around 3 thousand, probably used
10) Do you live in California? -Michigan
11) Your age? -18
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion -I am just getting into this sport. i race in a 440 sno cross circuit during the winter, but decided that i want something to do over the summer too. i am trying to decide between the RM125 or the RM-Z250. i want to start out on a little bit smaller bike because i dont have that much experience. then i plan on upgrading to either a 250 or Z450. i want to know the pros and cons of 2 and 4 strokes and what you think i should get. im more familiar with 2 strokes, but i am willing to change if the 4 stroke performers better. thanks for the help

Isobareng

Oct 16, 2007
The 125 will make you a better rider faster. This is due to the nature of the power band and the amount of aggression needed to ride at speed.

D

schug26

Mar 18, 2008
thanks man. sounds like that might be the bike for me. i would still like to know how the 2 and 4 stroke differ in performance and reliability. if anyone could help thanks.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…