quickstang77

Nov 25, 2005
ok here is my problem. I was going to order some black plastic for my bike this friday but being that it is an 06 the none of the 06 catalogs are out yet and my dealer is having problems finding things. I wanted to get a black front and back fender and radiator shrouds from ufo. And a black clarke tank stock size. If you guys could help me out with part #'s or where I could find these things I would really appreciate it, thanx

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Definetly the front number plate it mounts differently the tabs are different. But the front fenders mount the same and the new number plate matches to the old styler front fender. The only differences I can see between the two are as follows for the front fenders and yes I have actually seen it mounted up in person a new number plate to older style fender. With an LE right next to the 250 that had the white plastics on it (at a dealer no less).

Basically if you use the stock '06 clamps you have to use the '06 front # plate. The '05 tabs I forget without looking rigth at it the plastic tabs on the bottom they go into mounting holes on the clamp itself. Where the '06 has tabs coming up from the triple clamp threw the some plastic mounting holes on the number plate. Plus the '05 is more in the center where the '06 the mounts are closer to the fork tubes.

As far as where the two meet on the fender doesn't matter yamaha didn't change the shape in this area of the fender. The edges by the front fender are alittle more prononuce it's not the noticable. Oh yea and the like molded strips you can see in the fender you know == basically the '06 go's all the way out towards the tip and the '05 doesn't go as far down towards the front it connects into more of a V shape.

Now after all of that ( I was very interested in this myself cause I'm gonna make my YZ 125 an LE edition)

All the other plastics are the same no worry there, but I'd personally would use the '06 front fender it to me looks alittle bit better. For the front fenders it doesn't really matter that much it's rather hard to notice the difference at a glance. Unless you mad picky and must have the new shape it isn't really worth it to worry about.

Top Bottom