Joemoto

Aug 30, 2001
I have an 8 year old son about a year ago I got him a xr50 and started taking to a freinds house with a big flat yard in the back started slow and worked his way up over the past year so about 3 weeks ago took to some wide open trails that his freinds ride on he had one crash and wanted to go home I told him to just take a break and give it another try he he rode a little longer and we went home now he will not go and just wants to ride in yard where he started then last nite he told he will ride anymore just to sell his bike thanks for any input or help.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
rickyd said:
Let him keep riding in the yard and dont pressure him.. :ride:

:nod: He'll come around, eventually

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Yeah keep the bike around, and don't say another word about it, you keep riding and make sure he over hears the great time you had, he'll be back

snobdrbutch

Damn Yankees
Sep 22, 2005
i have had the same problem with my 4 year old son also but after he crashes or gets sick of riding we just go and do something else for a little while but usally within an hour or two he's back on his bike tearin up the track in the back yard.
dont push him just put the bike in the garage and let it sit there once he gets the itch he'll climb on board and ride it.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Don't pressure him, he is 4! Take the bike around the yard your self once in awhile for him to see, but don't say anything to him. Its all just fun and he has to decide if its fun for him. If he decides to pass right now he may not when he is 6 of 7 or maybe 40,but you will still have given him the bike bug in the end. :nod: . Kids are funny that way ( and they say that woman have purgatives (spelling?) :laugh: )

Last edited:

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
My daughter got bored and quit riding for 2 or 3 years. A few months ago she decided that she wanted to ride again. She doesn't always want to ride, but that's just how she is. She does ride sometimes.

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
Tell him if he doesn't get on the bike and ride you're going to break his leg.

j/k, follow the good advice above. I don't know how different it is than any other sport, if his heart's not in it, it may not be his thing. We brought 2 of our neighbor's kids to ride my son's CRF80 in a field. The daughter age 10 loved it and hasn't stopped asking her dad for one since. The son age 12 was scared to death even in a field and swears he'll never ride one. More than anything I'd say be patient, and maybe he'll come around.

ZOOK250

Oct 5, 2001
little zook was the same way. after one crash he didnt want to ride anymore and then said he wanted to sell the bike. since then after a little time, i cant get him off that damn bike. 3 hours a night , he is riding over every jump on my track with no fear. your guy will come around , but he has to do it when he wants to.

he has a few friends, that their dads bought them bikes, this was the best thing to happen as now they all ride together everynight.

snobdrbutch

Damn Yankees
Sep 22, 2005
i think you guys have me mixed up with joe moto. i cant keep my son off his bike. the problem i have with my son ( who is only 4) is trying to keep him to clear all the 30-40 foot tabletops that i built for me on my 250 and he's trying to clear them on his 50. he's nuts and has no fear. but i love it!!!!!
i can't wait to get out of the military to have more time next year to put him on the track and watch him clean house.

2stroke

Nov 7, 2001
Its weird man, but its something he will have to come to himself. Youve got him a bike, thats the biggest thing. Encourage him but no pressure ya know. Dont get rid of it. Its like the electric guitar I bought for my kids a few years ago. It gathered dust for a year, until one of them picked it up one day out of boredom. Turns out he is quite gifted and plays better than me now!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom