Need HELP with throttle problem on CR 125!!!!

Motoferret

Sep 1, 2006
I was riding my CR 125 last weekend and had a pretty hard crash involving my throttle grip hitting the ground very hard. After I got back up to ride to my trailer I noticed grit in my throttle causing it to stick. This has happened before and I knew all I had to do was clean out the dirt from the throttle assembly on my bars. I took everything apart gave it a good wash, lubed it all up and stuck it back together. When I went to start up the bike the throttle was stuck open and the resulting noise almost messed up my pants. I readjusted my cable at both ends with no noticeable result, then took apart the assemble again. I found that if I took the little wheel out of the assemble the cable had enough slack to allow the throttle to close. I then started the bike with the wheel completly out and everything worked fine (eliminating a jammed valve in the carb being the problem) The problem I have now is figuring out why the cable is too short to allow the throttle to close.

crrod

Aug 14, 2006
I have seen on occasion at the throttle end, the cable housing pulling out of the adjuster, tensioning the cable. This would be under the rubber boot cover the throttle end adjuster.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
This happened to me
check under the rubber

Top Bottom