hardcore_rm

May 21, 2003
can anyone help me have looked at a few vin number charts but mine is different to what the chart reckons is the year model number i got a 0 in the year model digit and i don't know what a 0 means? can anyone help

lwsmithjr

~SPONSOR~
Sep 18, 2002
The 10th digit of the VIN is supposed to designate the year model. Manufaturers aren't supposed to use "O" , "0", or "S" because they are easily mistaken for something else. A '99 should have an "X" in the 10th digit of the VIN, located on the steering neck portion of the frame.

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
How do the forks mount? Inverted forks came on the 2000 models (and up). A 1999 should have conventional forks (chrome sliders will be up).

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
Originally posted by Faded
...conventional forks (chrome sliders will be up).

Up-side-down or inverted forks will have the chrome sliders down, or nearest the front axle. If this is the case then it's a '00 or newer. If the sliders are up (mounted to the triple clamp) then the bike is a '99 or older.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
Another quick wat to tell is with the location of the water pump. On '99 models, it is between the cases. '00 and newer models are in front of the clutch cover.

devries

Aug 9, 2001
how are the 99 rm's with the water pump between the cases? I would assume that since you would have to split the cases just to replace a seal that they would be trouble free and long lasting. Or did this turn out to be a blunder on suzuki's part?

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I never had any problems with mine. I had a 99 rm125 and it was a very dependable bike. Excellent handling and decent low end for a 125.

Top Bottom