Need porting and pipe mods for KX100

Humdinger

Nov 29, 2001
My son is an agressive rider and wants a little more power for his KX100. I am thinking of sending the top end to Eric Gore for some porting. I have e-mailed him with no response. Can someone here make some recomendations as to which pipe for top end performance and which for bottom end. How about porting and would the carb need to be re-jetted.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Humdinger Im sure that Eric can help you with the cyl work and at an ethical price also. You might want to check out Team Green news or their website for setup tips like carb jetting ign timing and porting specs also there is a power valve linkage/governor issue that you might want to adress while youre at it . I think youll want like www. TeamGreen news.com or I once had to go to www. teamGreen news Canada.com . Or your local dealer should be able to help you and if they cant you should find a dealer that can. Good luck.Oh yeah procircuit pipe works real good.FMF Fatty good also on the 100.

EricGorr

Super Power AssClown
Aug 24, 2000
Sorry for the slow reply I'm working pretty hard these days.
I agree with Dean, the Team Green tips are a great baseline. The specs are the result of a lot of field data gnerated by a thousand support riders.

People ask me all the time what to do with the KX/RM100. The cylinder is a fairly rough casting with many flaws that can be smoothed-down and rescaled for the 99cc displacement. The basic cylinder casting is from the KX85, just punched out bigger. Because the ports enter the cylinder at angles, when the bore is increased the port heights fall and retard in timing with a loss of overall duration. Overbores don't work on the KX100 because of the exhaust port outlet size. Crankshaft stroking (1.5mm off-set) works very well. Thats what the majority of Team Green riders are doing to their bikes for AMA and NMA championship races this year. However next year the participants of the AMA Amateur Nationals at Loretta Lynn's won't be allowed to alter the bore or stroke on their engines.

The best bang for the buck is porting to Team Green specs. That will run between $100-200 on the porting market. I'm real backed-up with work and probably won't be faster than 2.5 weeks all summer long. Two other companies I'd recommend are Boyeson Precision Porting in New Tripoli PA., and Pro Action in Beaver Falls PA.

Good luck, Eric

Racer#213

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 14, 2002
i have the fatty, and it really opens up the top end. Wityh the stock pipe, it falls flat, where the fatty it just keeps on giving. gl

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom