eauman

Oct 27, 2002
I have an 1989 KDX200 here in the UK & it's a great bike which I use 99% off-road, but would like to make the occasional trip
to the shops but none of the electrics work so I have no rear brake
light & I was told by the previous owner that the generator/stator is
broke.

So without spending money on a new stator or rewind & am looking for
details of a simple way to provide a brake light so I can safely use
it during the day with a working brake light? I am thinking of some
sort of battery (what power?, type?, mount where?) that could be
wired to front or rear brake lever & rear brake light ? Any help
would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance

eau.man @ talk21.com

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
:think: If the stator where broke how would it run? Check the wiring and it's a good bet you will find your problem.

Good Luck,
Phillip

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
I don't think I would buy it from them.... $10 shipping for a $20 item. You can if you want but I will never get raped like that! :(

And that's the cheapest way they will ship! $70 if you want it Next Day.... They are Nuttier than a Fruit Cake! :yeehaw:

Last edited:

vwboomerdog

Aug 18, 2002
HI , I OWN A 1988 KDX 200, THE BIKE WAS ON THE ROAD , & WAS FITTED WITH A BRAKE LIGHT RUNNING FROM A BATTERY MOUNTED IN THE TOOL BAG ON THE REAR MUDGUARD, THE BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH WAS CABLE TIED TO THE REAR SHOCK GAS CANISTER. E-MAIL ME IF YOU WANT FURTHER DETAILS.
..........................VWBOOMERDOG...............................

Johnnyboy

Aug 25, 2001
I was considering running a battery pack but that's too heavy.
My stator doesnt have enough current to run headlight and brakelight. So I have decided to make a LED replacement that will use 6 or 9 super bright LEDs in the Meyer housing I already have. Honda shops sell a good switch setup that attaches to the rear brake lever. It was for their rear drum bikes. I think the whole Honda Setup is about $30 and a brakelight housing is about $20. Kinda pricey but I already have all the parts. If I were to run this setup off a lantern battery then it would last a LONG time without needing a recharge. If you're into doing a little custom work I can whip up a schmatic using an IC that will make the LEDs brighter and last longer.

vwboomerdog

Aug 18, 2002
no need to run a big battery to run just a stop light bulb, i run a 7.2v r/c car stick pack nicad , it runs a 6v bulb excellently, & lasts a long time,don't bother with all the technical crap, just do it simple !.
anarchy in the u.k. !...................vwboomerdog ......................

Top Bottom