Need some quick Help!

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
Had a bad day. Clutch is fried.

anyway, I picked up some plates and i'm about to tear into this pup.

I need the torque specifications on anything I will need to tighten in the clutch. 01 Cr125

Sorry about the kindof hastily written thread, I'm sitting here in my gear with oil on my fingers!

Thanks!

Zenith

Jan 11, 2001
There's not much to this...
Take off the 5 bolts that hold on the clutch cover(I can't find a torque value for this in my manual but all other bolts the same as these are to be re-tightened to 12N/m so that would be my guess for these). Next take off the 5 bolts that hold in the clutch pressure plate, these should be tightened and loosened in a criss cross pattern(These bolts should be retightened to 10N/m). You can just lift out the plates now!

Philip

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Tighten the clutch springs bolts just snug,do not over tighten them,it is very easy to break the area where it is threaded.The cr 250 has 2 steel and 5 aluminum plates I think they are still using this set up,I do not know if the 125 is the same,but if it is ,place the steel plates in the center not together,but 1 after the cork plate,and then another after another cork plate.If you have 15 plates like the 250,put the steel plates in the 6th and 8th position. On the steel or aluminum plates face the rounded fingers or tabs in towards the cases,sharp edge face out. ARE YOU GUYS STOKED I AM STOKED. :scream: :scream:

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
Yeah, okay. Somehow I thought there was something to torque in there.

Anyway, that was a really easy job. I'd compare it to cleaning the air filter.

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
I dont need no stinkin manual! :)

(actually, after buying those plates, I cant afford no stinkin manual!)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…